• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

1986 Toyota Truck tranny bolts problem

86yod

my transmission bolts and starter bolts keep backing out of my 1986 pickup i have tried loctite and even lock rings. anyone have any suggestions

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
First thing what color loctite did you use second are the treads stripped out. Now with bolts like that I like to ue the red loctite it holds a lot better and you just about have to heat the bolt up to get it loose

86yod

i used the red loctite and the bolt holes were stripped but i made new threads and used a stronger thread pattern i even tried getting longer bolts and putting a self locking nut on the other side

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
i used the red loctite and the bolt holes were stripped but i made new threads and used a stronger thread pattern i even tried getting longer bolts and putting a self locking nut on the other side
Hmmmm let me do some more thinking on this one

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
yeah, welcome to the site, these posts should be moved over to the proper area ... <MOVING> ...

Blueberries

Now with bolts like that I like to ue the red loctite it holds a lot better and you just about have to heat the bolt up to get it loose

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I've never heard that you should heat up a bolt to get it lose. How does that work? Heating it up seems like it would make it expand the metal. I guess it could soften it up. Anyone else thing this may or may not work? I'm just not sure actually.

Related Content You Might Like: