• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

1986 Sr5 Windshield Trim

DarrenW

Hello All

I am getting the windshield replaced on my 1986 SR5 4X4. I am trying to avoid using the metal trim pieces and use a rubber gasket instead.

I went to a very well experienced window shop to get the new windshield replaced.

I bought a gasket kit off Ebay but the windshield gasket was too big....the other gaskets for the back and door windows fit fine. The glass guy got 2 different windshields and the gasket was just too big. The gaskets were made in Thailand and I am guessing it was just bad manufacturing.

We gave up on using the rubber gasket and went with just gluing the windshield in and using generic rubber trim but there is a large gap on the sides of the windshield where the glass doesn't make contact with the metal edge.

Now I am considering trying to use the old metal trim but would rather use a rubber gasket.

If you have succesfully used a rubber gasket on a 84-88 windshield replacement can you send me a link to what gasket you used and pix.

Thanks

Darren

Related Content You Might Like: