• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

1984 Toyota SR5 with 22R

vettehigh

Friend of mine has a 1984 Toyota SR5 pickup with the 22R. The motor has 80K miles on it and the truck is complete frame off restore. He does great work and his price was $15K, but I got him down to $12K. I do not know what these are worth. All I know is the 22R is/was one of the best motors ever built. Thanks all

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
$12k is still a little high, around $7k would be more in line, but in the end it's true value is what one is willing to pay for it.

I believe in pricing the truck your friend has let the fact that he completed a frame off restoration on the truck influence his pricing, and on some vehicles this could be a price factor, but these trucks arent as rare as you might think and they havent hit the collectors market yet which keeps the price down.
Yes the 22R is undoubtedly one of the best engines ever manufactured, a 22RTE engine would be a much better find.
Is this truck fuel injected, Extra cab, 4x4, Automatic? Those particular items could influence the price slightly.

vettehigh

$12k is still a little high, around $7k would be more in line, but in the end it's true value is what one is willing to pay for it.

I believe in pricing the truck your friend has let the fact that he completed a frame off restoration on the truck influence his pricing, and on some vehicles this could be a price factor, but these trucks arent as rare as you might think and they havent hit the collectors market yet which keeps the price down.
Yes the 22R is undoubtedly one of the best engines ever manufactured, a 22RTE engine would be a much better find.
Is this truck fuel injected, Extra cab, 4x4, Automatic? Those particular items could influence the price slightly.
Its carb, reg cab, 4X4, & standard.....

vettehigh

Just spoke to my guy today and told him $8K is the max for me......he is thinking. I will see....

It's 4x4, manual, reg cab, & 22R

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Good luck on the deal, heres to hoping he takes your offer.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I shopped for 6 months looking for my truck and anything in very good condition was $7k, decent trucks were available down to about $3500,,anything less was "project material". If the truck is not going to cost you a dime in repairs for the next couple years and the fact the truck has had a frame off $8k is not too much,,wouldn't walk away from a good deal over $1k if the truck is real nice.

Last edited:

Related Content You Might Like: