• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

05 Rav4 No Start

RAVSperminute

So a while back someone stole the gas or of my rav4, my gf tried starting it for a while that morning not knowing the tank was empty. It would not start (obviously), so we put some gas in after i realized the gauge read empty and tried starting it again, but no luck.
Then i listened for the fuel pump and could not hear it so i assumed we might have burned it up running the pump with no gas in it. took the pump out and touched it to 12 volts and it kicked right on. checked for voltage at the connector and im not getting 12 v. But it is getting like a half a volt with the key on. im guessing that is why the pump isn't working with the ignition on, but why would i get any voltage there other than 12 (or more) ? A relay would kill power completely wouldn't it? Same with a fuse , its either all or nothing, so why doees meter read 0.67 or so volts? any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Possibly instead of blowing a fuse or toasting the relay you might have burned a wire in the harness reducing its ability to carry the required voltage.
Also check output at the relay.

Related Content You Might Like: