• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

03 Taco with almost new motor

Scooter

Sorry to say. I had another motor put in my 03 taco. Coolant leak lead to head cracking. I got emotional when I asked to bring head home.

Mechanic told me that in Japan cars with over 60,000 miles start costing the owner more in registration fees and become impractical to keep. So, there’s a company that buys motors from Japan with 60,000 or less on them. Has anyone heard this before?

I got one. It runs perfect. My taco has a name. “Kurt” kinda of like truk spelt backwards. I enjoy Kurt very much. Prerunner.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm not sure about the 60k miles mark but I know that there's a significant export market, specifically for engines. Let's see pics.

Scooter

Just got up for work (1:45a) saw your request. Have to wait for pics. Not the prettiest truck but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
Mechanic deals with a company that only deals with motors with 60k or less. As far as Japan goes, I think it’s their attempt at pollution control by getting older vehicles off the road. Sad part is, a country that builds such reliable vehicles will never reap the benefits of their own product. Ironic

Scooter

The front license plate is actually his name tag.

daily driver, second owner

I have 4Runner 17” rims and tires.
factory 15” steel in garage

Related Content You Might Like: