• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

02 Sensors, Over $1000 For Sensors Wow!!!!!!

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
So tonight, on my 2004 4runner 4.0L, I got a CEL. Had codes read and cleared afterwords. 02 sensor, bank 2 sensor 2. So rear sensor drivers side I think, I know it is the rear sensor. I will drive and see if the CEL comes back on. So far so good. I priced the sensors, and DAMM. as much as over 400 each for front and over $125 each for rears. What do yall think about the cheep sensors ? I know how the sensors work (front to rear) and the front adjust fuel trim, and rear compare 02 levels to insure cats are working. I also know that it is not good to change just one sensor, as they all work together.

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
My thoughts exactly, and that's at Autozone, Orileys, and Advanced. In hate to see what the dealer wants. $443.99 each for the fronts, and 132.99 each for the rears. I know that that is NGK's and they are the most expensive, but I know when I had my little Nissan truck, NGK's were the only spark plugs I could use. Anything else would foul out in about 1 week. Check out the link...Best Oxygen Sensor Parts for Cars, Trucks & SUVs

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Kenny; before you swap out any sensors try cleaning your maf, associated intake tube, and throttle body with sensor safe electronic parts cleaner.
Yea I know its at the wrong end of the engine, but dirty Maf's and throttle bodies have been known to cause the code you have.
A dirty maf can tell the system to lean or enrichen the fuel trims which causes codes farther down in the system.
Another trick is to remove the sensor and again clean with sensor safe parts cleaner or burn the carbon and excess fuel triggering the code off with a torch, while not always a 100% effective tricks they have saved many owners from having to buy new sensors.
Also when installing the sensors give some thought to carefully applying anti seize to the threads, if they do have to come out again it'll make things easier.
Just apply the anti seize to the outer threads, wouldn't want any to burn off and upset the sensor.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Thanks tbplus10 I will gobethata try. The 4runner in not run much, and does have carbon build up, so cleaning is a good idea

bmrtoyo

So tonight, on my 2004 4runner 4.0L, I got a CEL. Had codes read and cleared afterwords. 02 sensor, bank 2 sensor 2. So rear sensor drivers side I think, I know it is the rear sensor. I will drive and see if the CEL comes back on. So far so good. I priced the sensors, and DAMM. as much as over 400 each for front and over $125 each for rears. What do yall think about the cheep sensors ? I know how the sensors work (front to rear) and the front adjust fuel trim, and rear compare 02 levels to insure cats are working. I also know that it is not good to change just one sensor, as they all work together.
On my 86 i put a napa o2 sensor and runs like a raped ape

Related Content You Might Like: