• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Rodents in the Dash board. So much for that "New Truck" smell.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
And that can be difficult to deal with. If it's just mice it's not as bad. Rats are a different story. A trap is sometimes the best option. Sticky traps do work good, but they usually work better if you load the center up with peanut butter.

Charlie Whiskey

None of that has been working. I opened up the cowling under the windshield and blocked the two 2" "drain holes" for the pan with wire jammed into them and build a box to go completely around and over the plenum intake. They has a large nest directly over that intake, the foul stench makes driving with the air on, unbearable. I do hope this will be the last I see of them. But Toyota is an all grown up auto manufacturer, this should NEVER happen. They come up through the wheel well and into the intake pan. Toyota decided no actual pest barrier was needed. Or I got a half completed vehicle.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
You can poison them, and that works, but, then you get that smell of death for about a week or so. We fight this issues at our shop. Mostly rats more so than mice. We have had an exterminator put out some poison before and kill of the rats, but man that stinks when they die in the walls. I understand your frustrations on the lack of planning on Toyotas part.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
This last go round, the owner put out some tomcat poison, but that stuff is weak. If your going to get some poison, try the feed store if you have one local.

Charlie Whiskey

A rat still has to eat a lot of poison to die. Most of these are anticoagulants anyway, they die slowly of internal bleeding.
The Ramik brand is pretty good, at least I know that they take it. Take some peanut butter on a plastic lid or plate and just coast the little green balls with PB and they will take it. The PB also keeps them from rolling away where they DO NOT belong. Or added measure, I will place the entire apparatus in a plastic bag and use a clip to clamps the bag to something under the hood.

But after all of this, I had to take the windshield cowl off and put actual wire barriers in place to keep them OUT of the A/C vent. This is a terrible design, or TOYOTA simply never finished the engineering. I will test these new things I was forced to build and perhaps sell them to every Tacoma owner in the world?

Related Content You Might Like: