• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

QuikFix Tacoma Accessories. Seat Spacers (2nd/3rd gen/FJ) & Front License Plate Brackets (3rd gen)

mrproduxn

100 Posts
I WANTED TO THANK THIS FORUM FOR PROVIDING VENDOR STATUS TO ME. I HAVE WORKED HARD THIS PAST YEAR TO BUILD A BRAND AND PROVIDE QUALITY FAIR PRICED ACCESSORIES TO TACOMA OWNERS. I HAVE BEEN SOMEWHAT OVERWHELMED WITH SEAT SPACER SALES AND HAVE PUT MY LICENSE PLATE BRACKETS ON THE BACK BURNER (TEMPORARILY). I WORK A FULL TIME DAY JOB AND CONTINUE TO WORK, NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS, ON NEW PRODUCTS TO INTRODUCE. ON TOP OF THE CURRENT 1" SEAT SPACERS I AM EXPANDING TO INCLUDE 3/4" SPACERS FOR TALLER DRIVERS. I PLAN ON RUNNING A MINIMUM OF 50 PAIR OF SEAT SPACERS EACH MONTH. LICENSE PLATE BRACKETS WILL BE COMING BACK SOON. I AM WORKING ON A NEW PROTOTYPE PRODUCT THAT MAY BE OF INTEREST TO THOSE WITH THE REDLINE HOOD STRUTS. A SPECIAL THANKS TO toyotafan FOR HIS SUPPORT.
PLEASE GO TO LAST FEW POSTS FOR CURRENT PRICING AND UPDATES. I WILL ALSO BE UPDATING THIS FIRST POST VERY SOON.
SEAT SPACERS ARE ALWAYS IN STOCK OR IN PROCESS.
REPLACEMENTS FOR EXISTING FRONT PLATE BRACKET. BASE SMALL FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET $14.99 WITH FREE SHIPPING OR (new release) LARGE FULL PLATE BRACKET $31.50 FULLY ASSEMBLED WITH FREE SHIPPING (TTC members can buy direct via paypal for $30.50-just send me a pm). ALSO AVAILABLE (only 4 available with more coming soon) DISASSEMBLED FOR $28 (TTC member price direct through paypal for $27)
HEAVY DUTY VERSION QF-2X WITH 50% THICKER UPPER AND LOWER PLATES $33 or TTC members $32 direct paypal price.

I got tired of looking at the bulky plastic front plate holder installed by the dealer. I had previously made one for my 2nd gen so decided to change mine on the 3rd gen. When I removed the bracket I was shocked that it had actually cut grooves in my painted bumper cover. This was after 2 years of use. Since there are existing holes I decided to simply use those to mount the new holder making it a 5 minute simple swap.

BASE BRACKET. 3/16" thick grade 6061 aluminum with stainless self tapping screws to attach to the bumper, rubber spacers to go between the holder and bumper, and 2 X m6 stainless license plate screws. This newest version is completely hidden behind the license plate.Over 130 of these sold with 100% positive feedback.
2016-2019 Toyota Tacoma Front License Plate Bracket Holder Mount | eBay

NEW FULL PLATE BRACKET. This bracket is a precision machined, tongue and groove hand fitted, assembly of 4 grade 6061 aluminum plates that has 4 stainless m6 mounting screws for the license plate. Plates are assembled with m4 stainless screws.Optional high or low mounting for those with lower grille light bars. This is also completely hidden behind the license plate. Also mounts to bumper with stainless screws in the existing holes from the dealer installed bracket. Also has the rubber isolators between the bracket and bumper. Lightweight at less than 1 pound. Very strong assembly. The bracket pictured is the actual bracket being sold.

BOTH BRACKETS. These are made as replacement brackets. If you need, and do not already have, a front bracket then this one would require drilling 2 x 3/16" holes for the self tapping screws. If you already have the dealer installed bracket then you already have the correct holes from that installation. Both brackets come with all required hardware and picture instructions.

BASE BRACKET
2018_06240020.JPG
2018_06240021 - Copy (3).JPG
front plate bracket.JPG
20180824_210125.jpg

FULL PLATE BRACKET
20181012_160243.jpg
20181007_163622.jpg
20181012_160709.jpg
20181007_164525.jpg
20181012_160308.jpg
20181129_160741.jpg
20181201_073634.jpg
20181201_073518.jpg

Last edited:

mrproduxn

100 Posts
I am down to my last 2 brackets. I want to thank those that ordered from me on ebay. At least a few dozen of us were able to replace the factory big ugly bracket. If I receive any more orders, as advertised on several sites and forums, then I will at least order enough material to manufacture another 25 brackets. If not then thanks again for the orders.

mrproduxn

100 Posts
Due to requests I have ordered material, stainless fasteners and rubber spacers to manufacture 50 more brackets. Expect sales to resume around 08/24/2018. 18 are already sold.

Last edited:

mrproduxn

100 Posts
UPDATE there are now 22 remaining of the 50 released 3 days ago. I am ordering materials to produce the next 50. The next ebay ad will be changed from "2016-2018" to "2016-2019". Thanks.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Wow for $16 you can’t beat that with a big stick:D
Don’t know why auto makers make such eyesores of license plate holders.

mrproduxn

100 Posts
Just wanted to post an update. Bought new equipment and streamlined my process. Parts are extremely consistent and now, into the 3rd generation, I have perfected them to where the bracket is now completely hidden behind the plate. Approaching 125 sales in 23 states and Canada. If you purchased one then it is greatly appreciated. The newest ad is running at:
2016-2019 Toyota Tacoma Front License Plate Bracket Holder Mount | eBay
hidden plate mount.JPG
milling1.jpg
bracket contents.jpg
20180824_205618.jpg

mrproduxn

100 Posts
NOTE THIS PROTOTYPE WAS CHANGED TO REDUCE WEIGHT AND CUT THE SHIPPING AND FINAL COST. New prototype. Uses all 4 license plate screws and still fully hidden behind the license plate. Reversible design can be mounted with plate high or plate low. Solid bracket. Still mounts using the dealer drilled holes for the oem bracket. Made using 3 times the material, double the labor and 8 additional fasteners in the assembly. To manufacture these the price would be double my original design but would offer full plate protection. After calculating materials, labor, assembly and shipping this bracket will be $32.99 shipped. That is roughly the same price as the factory plastic bracket and less than half the price of a BOZZmount plastic bracket.
20181007_163330.jpg

Last edited:

mrproduxn

100 Posts
Better side by side comparison. TOP VERSION NO LONGER AVAILABLE. REPLACED BY A BETTER VERSION.
20181008_161657.jpg

Last edited:

mrproduxn

100 Posts
New bracket scrapped. Overbuilt and overpriced. Re-designed prototype coming this weekend. Same basic design. Less weight. Same strength. Less shipping. Trying to target $25 shipped. After machining, assembly and testing will post new pictures with new price. Same 4 screws for license plate. Same high or low mount for those with light bars. Same hidden behind the plate feature. Same protection for the entire thin aluminum license plate. Stay tuned.
Newest prototype in process
20181011_212645.jpg
new prototype teaser pic.jpg

Last edited:

mrproduxn

100 Posts
Finally assembled, tested, postal first class shipping approved full plate bracket for $26.50 delivered. With all the labor and the costs of stainless fasteners I just couldn't get it down to $25 as hoped. Still knocked price down by $6.49 from the original plan. This is only the prototype made of local store cheaper softer aluminum and it is still plenty strong. When I buy the correct material it will be even stronger. Need to order all new fasteners and materials. This is a solid product. Take a good look. I will not drill the production parts as large for the mounting holes. The way it is assembled allows the mounting flat head screws to stick out slightly so they don't need as deep of countersinks. Still reversible for low or high mounting for those with a light bar in the lower grille. Response will dictate how many to manufacture.
20181012_161238.jpg
View attachment 6097 View attachment 6098 View attachment 6099 View attachment 6100 View attachment 6101

mrproduxn

100 Posts
Post #1 has been updated to show both brackets being sold. Sorry for any repeat pictures in the thread.

mrproduxn

100 Posts
I did sell all 20 of the initial run. All positive feedback. Material prices have increased due to tariffs. Stainless fasteners alone are 3x to 4x prices paid in September. Next 30-35 brackets will be released around Nov 30 and will now be $31 with free shipping and still including all stainless fasteners.

Last edited:

mrproduxn

100 Posts
There will be 3 configurations of this bracket on the next release.
(1) Disassembled (model QF-2), identical to the original 20, shipped free by USPS First Class mail, for $30.99
(2) Assembled (model QF-2A) , test fit with a license plate and shipped free USPS Priority mail for an additional $3
(3) Heavy Duty thicker upper and lower plates, fully assembled (model QF-2X), test fit with a license plate and shipped free by USPS Priority mail for an additional $4.50.
(1) requires user assembly roughly 15 minutes
(2) & (3) are a simple 5 minute swap.
22 QF-2 brackets will be available DEC 2. More releasing a little later.
UPDATE-the holiday weekend, with family in town all weekend, has delayed release by another week.

Last edited:

mrproduxn

100 Posts
HOLIDAY PRICE REDUCTION ON ALL FULL SIZE BRACKETS. GOOD UNTIL 12/31/18.
QF-2 you assemble $27 EBAY or pm for $26 direct paypal
QF-2A assembled $30 EBAY or pm for $29 direct paypal
QF-2X assembled $32 EBAY or pm for $31 direct paypal

Related Content You Might Like: