• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Spotted A Lc "troopy" Last Friday

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Drove up to Crusty Butt (a.k.a. Crested Butte) to check out the "Gold in the hills" (actually aspen trees turning gold color in the fall--do it every year). Anyway, we were having an outdoor lunch on Elk Ave. in CB ( the main drag) and what should drive by but a Land Cruiser "Troopy". It's a troop carrier, long wheelbase with a bumped up roof over the rear compartment. Can hold 6-8 troops I suppose. Painted white, with a lift, big tires and a snorkel. I've seen photos of some Troopys, but never one in person. Actually quite a large vehicle. Fun!

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
As long as you don't leave your camera in the truck.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
I'm not up on older years/body styles, but the one I saw had a newer front end (than that 1980) and the roof was higher by about 4" over the rear compartment. Here's a photo of a 1987 Troopy that's for sale in Boulder, CO for over $16K. It looked like this except it was white.
1987 Toyota Troopy.jpg

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Those trucks were extremely popular in almost every place I served in except North America, never understood why they didn't make it to this market in more numbers.
My brother-in law has two in Northern .ca. Ones a daily driver original and the others a parts truck/future project rebuilder.

Related Content You Might Like: