• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Unnerving Squeak

Jimbo's toy

I have a 2005 Seqouia SR5 2WD. This week a squeak has developed. It only squeaks when in reverse. It sounds like a revolving type of squeak.(Maybe a grinding sound?) It happens when its wet outside and when its dry.
Its a frustrating sound because it seems to be coming from underneath the truck but I can't pin down the exact area. I have walked along side the truck as my wife drives it, but its seems to becoming from everywhere.
It might help if some club members can throw some ideas my way, so I might have some places to start looking.
Thanks,
Jim

John123

I had something similar, driveshaft u joint was bad, it went out at 110 thousand mile. I have the same year suv as yours.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I gotta agree with John, take a close look at the u-joints, next thing should be brake shoes.

Jimbo's toy

Unfortunately I can't do a lot of the work myself. So I have to rely on others most of the time.
I have appt. on Saturday to get a diagnosis and and estimate.
I let you know what the verdict is.

Jimbo's toy

Unfortunately I can't do a lot of the work myself. So I have to rely on others most of the time.
I have appt. on Saturday to get a diagnosis and and estimate.
I let you know what the verdict is.
Looks like the u-joints are the culprits for my mysterious noise.
I've heard a u-joint clunk several times, but never a squeak.
They are still in there nice and tight, no slop at all. Although they have zerk fittings, I wonder if they have ever been greased. But with a 13 yr old truck, I am going to have them changed out anyway.
Thanks to the guys who offered their opinions. You guys were right on.

Related Content You Might Like: