• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

92 Toyota Truck For Sale

G. Timothy

I wanted to see what I've got, any advice or questions are welcome.

I just found out I can't pass smog testing so I've decided to investigate selling. This thing is in great shape for what it is and it's killing me to let it go, but I don't have the garage or time to restore, update. Would love it to go to someone who wants to restore.

1992 Toyota extended cab 4x4 with shell.
5 speed manual - Rebuilt transmission installed 1/2016
4 cylinder 22R-E Motor - runs great for 284000 miles

I'm 2nd owner, driven for 21 years. In great shape considering. Never in accident, always regular oil changes.

Please note - this truck cannot pass CA smog - needs a new converter and something about timing etc. I have the read-outs.

Selling only as part car in CA, if you want to take it out of state you could simple keep driving it.

Looking for $2500 and a long conversation about the ramifications of not being able to pass emissions testing.

Thanks!

View attachment 5855

Last edited:

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Nice truck for the money. I would get it repaired to pass smog emissions. I know my ‘91 is CA emissions compliant, not that it matters in my neck of the woods

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
What will it cost to get truck to pass CA smog tests? Just kind of curious?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I think with shipping being so popular now days even though the truck won't pass smog you shouldn't have an issue getting your asking price for a rust free car from the west.

G. Timothy

Thanks for responding guys, best I can figure would cost a catalytic converter and about $900 for something about a "pully in the engine is moving a bit" so that would need to be replaced. It's probably worth more than I am asking, and it's probably something someone savvy could fix pretty easy, but due to the emissions piece and where I am in my life it seems time to gift it to someone who would enjoy it or part it out with some thought. I am awaiting the title (I lost my physical copy) so once I have that in a week or so hopefully a direction will become clear. Any other ideas are welcome. I love it and thought I'd have it forever, the CA emissions thing is just frustrating. It's that whole "change" thing showing up again to bother me.

Related Content You Might Like: