• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Traction Control Light Won't Reset

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
So, I replaced the o2 sensor again in my 04 ,,,4 Runner today. The CEL came back on last night. This time I used a Denso. I removed the neg cable on the bat 3 times. Once for about 30 mins. The CEL went off on the first disconect, but I can't get the traction control light to reset. Any Ideas.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Ok, so after some research, I see that I need to do a zero point calibration. Well the issue is, that some video say , use port 4 and 12, other say 4 and 13, and still others sat 4 and 14. Anybody done this on there 4 runner, 04 body style with the 4.0L ?

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Tried to do the zero point cal. no luck. Frickin BCM. I hate fooling with This. I don't have the tools for this!!!!!!!!!!!Tried the paper clip, DID NOT WORK

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Does anyone have the repair man. for 03-04 4 runner. I need to figure out what is the CG and TS slots on my OBD connector. I still have be not been able to clear the trac off - vsc light. I did find a much better video on how to, though. Here is the link.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
After months of trying to get this done, I finally got it done tonight. I flowed the instructions in the video above, and here is where the paper clips go on the DLC. This is for 2003 and 2004 4.0L V6 4 runners. I don't know about other years, or engines. WARNING,,If you need to do this and you fry something (EG your ECM) I am not responsible. If you do this, it will be at your own risk. That being said, it did work for me.
DLC -- Paper clicp localation.jpg

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Thanks for the video kenny. May need this info one day. On a side note - the guy in the video reminds me of "Red Foreman" from "That 70's Show".

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Thanks for the video kenny. May need this info one day. On a side note - the guy in the video reminds me of "Red Foreman" from "That 70's Show".
Ha ha, Yea he does look like Red. Anytime you get a CEL, it trips the VSS TRC light. If you go to AutoZone for them to read your CEL, this may happen to you. AutoZones code reader, cycled because the last vehicle that there code reader was pluged into had a different OBD system than my 4 runner. When the reader cycled, it wiped out the zero point collaboration. If you make one little mistake when doing the zero point cal, it wont work, and you have to start all over again. I also had a hard time trying to find where to put the paper clips. This changes by year and vehicle type. I was very happy last night when it finally worked. It only took me about 4 months to figure it out. It is hard to find that kind of info.

Last edited:

Related Content You Might Like: