• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2017 Toyota Tacoma Towing Capacity (tow Rating)

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
This is what drives me nuts about Google's "Quick Answers" boxes. When you do a Google search for "2017 Toyota Tacoma Towing Capacity" you will end up getting the following screen with a big "3500 lbs" in the center quick answers box.

download-1.png

But what's the problem with this? If you have a standard 2WD Tacoma with the smallest engine and no factory tow package ... you're set to 3500 lbs. However, if you get the Factory Toyota Tacoma Towing Package ... then your tow rating can go all the way up to a staggering 6,800 lbs! That's nearly double what you'll see in the Google quick answer box.

download-2.png

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
There is some combination (as seen from above) where you can hit the 6800-lb towing limit, but the website configutator only lets me get up to 6,400-lbs ... which is still more than Google shows in the quick answer box.

Toyota Tacoma Tow Package
Class-IV towing hitch receiver,21 ATF cooler (not available on manual transmission), engine oil cooler, power steering cooler, 130-amp alternator, 4- and 7-pin connector with converter, and Trailer-Sway Control (TSC)32 (V6 only)

martinbrown7121

We are using 2017 Toyota Tacoma from 6 months, as a Long Distance Towing services, no doubt its towing capability is extremely good, we have driven it on a different road and it performed very well. so I would give 8.9 ratings to this.

Related Content You Might Like: