• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Accident Last Friday - Distracted Driver Most Likely

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
So last Friday I was on my way home from work, minding my own business when all of a sudden I heard a crash behind me, then screeching tires, Then I got hit and got pushed into the car in front of me.

That was Friday about 6:00 p.m. in today is Wednesday 8:30 a.m.. There's still no police report available. I am it up with such bad whiplash in headache and they were concerned about my massively high blood-pressure (200+/140) that they made the call to go ahead and take me by ambulance to the hospital.

Needless to say I don't know who hit me what kind of car they had with their insurance is any of that. If I don't hear from the Arlington police department to day that there is some type of record that I can get, which really sucks that there's nothing, Then I guess I'll just have to fire with my own insurance which I might do anyway.

Looks like a car was driving southbound on the freeway access road, driver wasn't paying any attention. That car hit the car behind me, which was turned into a squished aluminum can, They hit me and I have the car in front of me. Everyone was walking around dazed ... this is not typically the way an accident occurs you don't expect to get slammed from behind with no warning.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Sorry to hear of your accident. Glad you are not injured any worse than you are. How do they not have a accident report???

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
At least some whole didn't try to shoot ya, seems to be happening a lot around here lately.
As a rule I always turn this type stuff over to my insurance, thats what I pay them for. If they try to Jack my rates over a non-fault accident theres plenty more insurance companies out there.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I work nightly on the highway and see a few every week who fall asleep and run off the road, Last night at 9pm. That's some serious momentum! Sure enough he's got that pine fresh smell in his truck
IMG_0863.JPG

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Just got the accident report. Bizarre to saw the least. Don't even want to give details out now, basically an ex con who just got out of the joint 6 months ago.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I'm sure mentally your not happy, but are you feeling better physically?
Sounds like its gonna be a good job for the insurance company to recover.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
I know it is aggravating when you have to go through something like this, because of someone else who was negligent. As much as we all love our trucks, just remember that they are only material things. There is nothing more important than your life and health, and the lives and health of your loved ones. I hope you and yours are in good health, and remain so. Life can change in an instant. There are no words that can explain the pain of the loss of an immediate family member.

Last edited:

Voltron

Glad you are ok, I had a driver slam me in my old truck, I was at a red light. just hit me going 35mph, never even saw me or the light. he was high on something, police took him straight to jail. needless to say, he had no insurance, so mine had to pay.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
So I guess GEICO won't pay for a rental car unless they control and manage the repair??? What's up with that?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
GEICO's policy ... they admitted fault already and still won't give me a rental car? I'm awaiting clarification ... if the guy will call me back ... but it seems like I have to let them take the vehicle to a facility of their choice??

Rental Status
GEICO can only provide a rental car if we are managing your vehicle's repairs. Please call 1-800-841-3000 if you would like GEICO to handle your vehicle damage claim.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I believe the rental company controlling the repair shop being used is contrary to state law. And attempting to control it via access to a rental unit would be the same thing.
Just one of many reasons I left GEICO.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
So last Friday I was on my way home from work, minding my own business when all of a sudden I heard a crash behind me, then screeching tires, Then I got hit and got pushed into the car in front of me.

That was Friday about 6:00 p.m. in today is Wednesday 8:30 a.m.. There's still no police report available. I am it up with such bad whiplash in headache and they were concerned about my massively high blood-pressure (200+/140) that they made the call to go ahead and take me by ambulance to the hospital.

Needless to say I don't know who hit me what kind of car they had with their insurance is any of that. If I don't hear from the Arlington police department to day that there is some type of record that I can get, which really sucks that there's nothing, Then I guess I'll just have to fire with my own insurance which I might do anyway.

Looks like a car was driving southbound on the freeway access road, driver wasn't paying any attention. That car hit the car behind me, which was turned into a squished aluminum can, They hit me and I have the car in front of me. Everyone was walking around dazed ... this is not typically the way an accident occurs you don't expect to get slammed from behind with no warning.
Just saw this post from just after your wreck back over 2 years ago. That sucks.

Related Content You Might Like: