• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

New Member - Finally Got Me A Tundra!

Voltron

Been eyeing a Tundra for about 10 years. Finally traded my GMC sierra Z71 for a TSS Off-road Tundra with lift and 34" mudding tires on 20" rims. Love the 5.7 iforce power!! Glad to be here and be driving a toyota truck again. My last toyota was a tacoma back in 1997-2000. I work in Insurance as an IT manager, have a boat and jetski and 3 kids, 1 wife, 2 dogs. What else is there to know :)

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Been eyeing a Tundra for about 10 years. Finally traded my GMC sierra Z71 for a TSS Off-road Tundra with lift and 34" mudding tires on 20" rims. Love the 5.7 iforce power!! Glad to be here and be driving a toyota truck again. My last toyota was a tacoma back in 1997-2000. I work in Insurance as an IT manager, have a boat and jetski and 3 kids, 1 wife, 2 dogs. What else is there to know :)
Welcome to the site! Sounds like you'll fit in just fine here. Take some pictures and upload them when you get a minute. Also what kind of boat do you have?

Voltron

I have a Searay bowrider.. yamaha FX-HO waverunner.. I will get some updated pics on my truck soon, just put new cooper SST Pro's on it.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Welcome from VA. Just saw the pic of your Tundra - mighty nice!

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Wife and I have been chatting about getting a boat this year, so we're on the hunt for a deal. Proabably looking for something in the 18-20 foot range that can pull water skiiers, give enough space for a group of guys to go out fishing (or family fishing) and also enough space for up to 10 people to be on-board just hanging out on the water.

Might look for a pontoon boat, seems to be the best bang for the buck, but not sure about the skiing part.

Voltron

The bowrider is 19' and does everything you talk about. So I really like it, good size and power. I highly recommend one, Mine is a 2003 model, garage kept, so still like new every year. No issues, and been paid for , for several years.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Steve look at "deck boats" in your search.
As you know I've been playing with boats for years, from classic wooden boats, to v hull runabouts which I presently own one of each. To hydo foils, flat bottom jets, cruisers, sail boats, and pontoons.
Pontoons can do what you want, but are iffy on the skiing part as they don't do well on rough water.
A deck boat does much better on choppy water but offers more space for cruising and tie up situations where you anchor and play around the boat. They also have options for bbq's, coolers, porta potties, and many other amenities you can find on a pontoon/cruiser, but handle some rough water and skiing duties.

Voltron

I have to agree, a friend of mine has a beck boat. its nicer than having the windshield and small walk through like my boat. Really not much downside to a deck boat IMO.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Its on the lake somewhere...
If you get a chance to outline on the lake your best spots, that would be really nice of you. :) Time of day and best bait while you're at it.

In terms of boats, when I was a small child we had a 1969 Fiberform 16' boat with a crazy powerful 135hp Johnson outboard on it that was designed for tugboats.

Looked like this Fiberform Boat
upload_2017-6-28_11-40-49.png

Then we moved up to a 21-foot Bell-boy, which I can't find an exact photo of, but it's a cross between these two ...

Bell-Boy-21-10176301.jpg
21' Bellboy I-O.jpg

One of the best parts about my grandparents owning an RV park (Beyond Hope Report in Northern Idaho) is the fact that they had built a marina so we had a place to put our boat for the summer.

Here's a modern photo of the marina ... wasn't quite this well done when I was a kid.

5510edf7057290e9c4fb4ffcc0e86452.jpg

Related Content You Might Like: