• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Side-yard Fence Project - Expanding Fence To Store A Trailer

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Are you going to lay gravel down the whole sideyard?
After living in many places across the U.S. I've discovered the soil here in Texas sucks for parking on.
At one point on my side yard I laid a patio block driveway to combat a very damp side yard, it worked well but the bricks where the tires were sunk about 3" lower than the rest. I laid cement 2 yrs later with a good sand/gravel base, and in less than a yr ended up with cracked and sunken cement. Which led me to digging out and laying a bed of crushed gravel, some settling has happened After 3 yrs but I don't have deep holes. I'll probably lay in another ton of gravel this summer. And my side yard stays dry, even after a major storm the water runs off and I don't end up with a muddy mess.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Having reused the fence that's street facing, i'm trying to figure out if I want to build two 6-feet wide gates or a 5-foot and a 7-foot gate with center pin.

Then once I get to that point I'll decide if I want to put gravel down. Of course that will make the decision easy on the yard drainage. I'll make tire-width gravel runners to the street to allow the water to drain.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
So somebody called code enforcement on my new fence. Ninety-nine percent certain that the only thing they could find was minimum interior side "setback" violation, which is only related to the resin shed that is too close to the neighbor's property.

If that's true, that takes a lot of gall because this neighbor has a built-in Chicken Coop type shed on the corner of their property which I've never said anything, the junk on the side of their house, and they raised their grade of their backyard including putting tile up at least 8 or 10 inches so that it forces water to run off weirdly which they're responsible for when it hits my yard. I've never say anything about that. Let alone the chicken coops and shelves they nailed into our shared fence.

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
So somebody called code enforcement on my new fence. Ninety-nine percent certain that the only thing they could find was minimum interior side setback violation, which is only related to the resin shed that is too close to the neighbor's property.

If that's true, that takes a lot of gall because this neighbor has a built-in Chicken Coop type shed on the corner there property which I've never said anything, the junk on the side of their house, and they raised their grade of their backyard including putting tile up at least 8 or 10 inches so that it forces water to run off weirdly which they're responsible for when it hits my yard. I've never say anything about that. Let alone the chicken coops and shelves they nailed into our shared fence.
I hear you Steve, I know just how it is.Thank God my neighbor moved, so I guess I won Ha Ha

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Pulled the udc code book from the city of Arlington texas website. Very clear, all structures have to be five feet away from the lot line, so I'll move my shed I guess.

20170606_204635.jpg
Screenshot_2017-06-06-21-58-14.png

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
* I tweaked my back and it's been raining so I've not been able to clean this area up yet

Related Content You Might Like: