• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

DFW TX Canton Texas Tornado - Prayers To All Affected!

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
The images and videos coming out of Canton, Texas are tough to watch. I hate to say that I'm glad it hit a small town, but I'm sure glad it hit a small town and not just 60 miles to the east ... or even 20 miles to the south in Athens Texas where my wife grew up.

Looks like some of our truck-driving brothers got hit very hard at one of the two Dodge dealers in town. The one that got hit was a new dealer, I'm familiar with the Elder family of dealerships in East Texas, but the one that got hit was called I-20 Dodge in Canton and looks like it just opened this year so it was one of the newer Dodge dealers. Just a shame as after building sub-prime vehicles for a decade the newest Ram/Dodge/Chrysler products are really very good quality and these people were just out on a Saturday to get their vehicles serviced or to pick up a new vehicle maybe and this happened.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
How far is this from the drag race track? My son's best friend ( when they were kids) lives somewhere in the DFW area, close to the drag race track. My wife sent him a TXT, and we haven't gotten a response. I don't have his direct address. He has been in touch with us regular sense we lost our son (his old best friend). He always looked us up whenever he comes to town, but it has been a while sense we have seen him. Also did you fair ok?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
There are only a few places that I'm aware of for drag races. What area was your son's friend at?

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
I think it Texas motor speedway, but I'm not 100 percent on that. I know he is close to Dallas. A little west of that. Mt wife did get a txt from him. He said he was 20 or 30 miles or so from Canton. I know he has a very good job. He overseas several constriction projects. He keeps.in touch with us somewhat regular sense my sons death. He loves fast cars so we have that in common. When ever he comes to town, my wife cooks crawfish etouffee for him. We haven't seen him in several years.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Probably near Ennis Tx, which has an NHRA track and is much closer to Dallas and Canton than Tx motor Speedway.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I've got a 25k square foot warehouse with 5 acres of chain link fenced storage near Ennis, which is why I know the area. Its about 35 miles from my house but property is cheap and I needed a shop with acreage to store my projects.
Ahhh some day I'll retire and get to putter around the shop all day tinkering with my toys.

Related Content You Might Like: