• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

1G H/L rear window won't go up/down with switch, motor runs

zonarosso

On my wife's 06' Highlander the driver side rear window does not go up or down with the switch. I can pull it up or down by hand. I can hear the motor run when switch is activated. I'm thinking it must be the regulator but am looking for any wisdom from someone who has worked through this issue. The H/L is one of 5 Toyota's in the family fleet and this is a problem I have not seen before. I do all my own work and can handle any mechanical work. I'm going to tear into it this weekend but ideally I'd have the parts needed in hand to fix if possible. Thank in advance for any help! :)

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Does it stay up when it's all the way up? How are you able to get it up and does it stick at any position in which you let it go? Window regulator sounds like it's broken.

zonarosso

It's like the glass is not connected to anything. I can pull it up or down easily. The regulator is surprisingly cheap from Toyota P/N 6980448031 $90.34 or Dorman P/N 749-722 ($39.95 or less). This is for the rear drivers side door. Some things on this vehicle are really chintzy. I'm still pissed about the rear hatch latch breaking and having to pretty much destroy it to get the damn hatch open. That's an almost $200 part. Very cheaply made. Thanks everybody for the help!

Last edited:

zonarosso

"It's like the glass is not connected to anything. I can pull it up or down easily " No it doesn't. I got the Dorman regulator but have not had a chance to put it in yet. Thanks

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
"It's like the glass is not connected to anything. I can pull it up or down easily " No it doesn't. I got the Dorman regulator but have not had a chance to put it in yet. Thanks
I know the world got crazy, Toyota window regulators in my experience, don't go out as much as other makes do, so just curious as to the level of difficulty.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
What's funny is that with this quarantine I've got more free time, so I'm doing all levels of projects that I never had time to do before. However, some people are either not changed, just working from home, or they're busier than ever! Sounds like this is not a top priority for you but hopefully you'll get to it and will fix the problems.

zonarosso

I do have time, ( I do work from home, but don't have to travel,so that give s me 1 1/2 hours more/day) but the vehicle is now with one of my sons 350 miles away! We get by with one vehicle during the quarantine. Thanks!

Related Content You Might Like: