• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

symptoms of bad distributor rotor? Toyota Carolla

mustang_racer88

symptoms of a bad toyota corolla parts distributor rotor? i replaced the cap but everything else is stock, i have msd ignition w upgraded coil and new distributor cap but the inside is stock and i haven't replaced the car yet.

Last edited:

02 Taco

Take off the rotor and see if the part that makes contact is smooth. If it's ruff, it needs to be replaced.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
How did this work out? I've done that before and it's necessary to have a good connection all the way through.

gladden

Wow Taco.. I can remember this from my mechanic a few years back. Although he said something similar to this, I guess it never occurred to me again, until I've read this thread.

TruckStruck1

If you're at idling and your car seems to be shaking more than normal, that could be a sign that the rotor inside the distributor cap is not spinning properly and therefore the timing to start the firing process correctly is off.

Last edited:

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
If you're at idling and your car seems to be shaking more than normal, that could be a sign that the rotor inside the distributor cap is not spinning properly and therefore the timing to start the firing process correctly is off.
Hi, I wonder if you already encounter this kind of issues?

Related Content You Might Like: