• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Should I get a Tacoma?

LadyTacoma

I have owned various Toyotas: Camry, Highlander, Sequoia. Now I'm looking at getting a Tacoma. I need the truck part of it to carry various things for my job. I don't want an SUV anymore. I like the look and the accessories that come with the TRD Sport. I just don't like the way it drives (too bumpy compared to the SR5). Have many of you added a lot of accessories? I'm currently driving an Acura TSX which I traded my Sequoia in for. Now I really miss the ability to carry a lot of things and the high driving position. Let me know all the good and bad things about the Tacoma. The Tacoma truck is the only truck I've really considered.

RichTCMC

I just purchased a 2006 Prerunner crew cab SR5 LB with the TRD sport package, and i love it... the ride is smoother compared to the TRD off road version, because of the off road package, but i agree the sport package looks nicer, it is still not bad, I live in San Diego and really have no need for off road accessories... of all the trucks in its class it is the best i've seen...

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
What do you do for a living LadyTacoma? Hard to go wrong with a Tacoma.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
the tacoma is nice stay away from he 6 speed manual they are having throw out bearing problems and are in process of redesigning the bearing. i have added a lot to my trd sport just look at my signature and signature pic at the bottom of the post

bebtunes

100 Posts
I have test drove a Tacoma and I would personally say it was great on a bumpy road, dirt road and even uneven pavement.

SurferBoy

Go for the TACO! haha, the best truck I have ever owned.
I have to agree. If you haven't already decided on another vehicle or gotten one, go with the Tacoma. You simply can't go wrong. It does everything you could want work-wise and looks awesome too.

GearHead

100 Posts
Wonder if she got it? Yeah, I know I'm digging a ways back here with this thread, but it's a popular one. Any other thoughts here? How are the 6-speed manuals now for instance?

jakey-andy

I have a '04 Tacoma single cab and I love it...I'm hoping to get a newer one but the '04's-present trucks are pretty awesome!

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I have a '04 Tacoma single cab and I love it...I'm hoping to get a newer one but the '04's-present trucks are pretty awesome!
That's a good truck, how many miles do you have on it?

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Wonder if she got it? Yeah, I know I'm digging a ways back here with this thread, but it's a popular one. Any other thoughts here? How are the 6-speed manuals now for instance?
Hey no worries, never be afraid to breath life back into an older topic! haha

jakey-andy

i just posted some pics on my page of my Taco...she's an '04 with 152,000 miles on her. the engine is clean clean and she's realky taken care of...now it's time to mod her. and good starter suggestions?
thanks!

GearHead

100 Posts
i just posted some pics on my page of my Taco...she's an '04 with 152,000 miles on her. the engine is clean clean and she's realky taken care of...now it's time to mod her. and good starter suggestions?
thanks!
Well, what exactly would you like to do with it? Bigger tires? Lift kit? Engine or exhaust upgrades?

jakey-andy

i've got decent wheels on her and the tires are street tires and they're practically new...so i was thinking of an ehaust upgrade and maybe a cold air intake to boost the hp/mpgs. but i don't want an exhaust that makes my 4 cyl. sound like a ricer, ya know? then once the tires get worn a lil bit, i'm thinkin about a 3"-4" lift just to get good clearance. photo.jpg

GearHead

100 Posts
I'll ask around and see if I can get some recommendations for you on the exhaust/intake. As for the lift kit Fabtech is the way to go, unless you just want to put a small lift on it using blocks or a leveling kit.

jakey-andy

that would be great! that is definately the first modification i'm going to do. i wanna do more than just level it out cause it sits rather low as it is. but, i'll look into the fabtech lift kits.

GearHead

100 Posts
that would be great! that is definately the first modification i'm going to do. i wanna do more than just level it out cause it sits rather low as it is. but, i'll look into the fabtech lift kits.
Glad I could help, just following recommendations from other members of this forum.

Related Content You Might Like: