• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Wind Noise at 50 mph, 2013 tacoma std cab 4x2

Stitch

Thanks Everyone!! Brad did your friend found out were the noise is coming from yet.. I am recoving from two bad back surgery, so I am a little slow getting pics etc. Does anyone hear a fix for the shuddering when slowing down, i just read where if I unhook the battery that, it will reset it self, and I may not have that shuddering anymore???
Stitch

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Ugh @Stitch , back surgery is the worst because you can't move anything until it heals up. Good luck to you on your recovery.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Thank you!!! For the kind words!! Its slow going, but I do get better day by day!!

Stitch
What did you have done? They found a cyst in my 9 year Olds pelvis and did surgery on him 4 weeks ago.

marty

Whoo Hoo! I took my truck to the local dealer and they resolved the issue. They 1st replaced the seals on front driver and passenger doors. I picked it up and got on the tollway going 70 mph and heard the noise again. So I immediately took it back, they gave me a rental, and kept the truck 3 days. They replaced all 4 door seals, window seals, and even resealed the windshield. Problem resolved. Kudos to Toyota dealer as they did not give me a runaround, keep me coming back, etc. Excellent experience for a 1st time Toyota buyer!

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Whoo Hoo! I took my truck to the local dealer and they resolved the issue. They 1st replaced the seals on front driver and passenger doors. I picked it up and got on the tollway going 70 mph and heard the noise again. So I immediately took it back, they gave me a rental, and kept the truck 3 days. They replaced all 4 door seals, window seals, and even resealed the windshield. Problem resolved. Kudos to Toyota dealer as they did not give me a runaround, keep me coming back, etc. Excellent experience for a 1st time Toyota buyer!
That's awesome! So glad that you were able to get this fixed.

How long did they have your truck for?

Stitch

So Glad for you marty, I thought that I fixed it myself, but at higher speeds I still hear the whistle, 55 plus!! I have it at a new Toyota Dealer, The last one that I was at, [Where I bought the truck] No help, call backs or anything!! Jones Junction, Is a Joke, Car dearlership!! I have a meeting with them{ The new Dealer] to do a ride along. I hope this fixes it.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
hey @Stitch, good luck to you with the new dealer. Sucks that your last dealer didn't go the extra mile for you with your issues. Tell them to come look at this thread and maybe they'll change their minds!

Stitch

I installed a hood deflector to quiet mine down.
Hey Rick Glad to hear that did work for you, I might do the same thing. What kind of hood deflector did you get??? We drove the truck for 20 plus miles and not a sound. Just my luck!! This Dealer Thompson Toyota, went the extra mile for me. and I did not buy it from them. Thank you for the info!! Have a nice week!
Stitch

rickoshay45

Hey Rick Glad to hear that did work for you, I might do the same thing. What kind of hood deflector did you get??? We drove the truck for 20 plus miles and not a sound. Just my luck!! This Dealer Thompson Toyota, went the extra mile for me. and I did not buy it from them. Thank you for the info!! Have a nice week!
Stitch
truck 003.JPG

I installed Wade deflector all the way around. The hood was easy and so were the windows. The window visor use double sided tape. Some find it an issue on older trucks. The key is to clean the area really good prior to inserting it. Some alcohol wipes come with but being in Healthcare I just grabbed a handful from work. Also the truck was only a few weeks old.
If memory serves I got them from Street Side Auto.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, that's a really slick looking hood deflector for sure, just looks sik.

Glad you found a good dealer, give them a review in the dealer reviews forum if you have time.

marty

I thought I had updated this once already: Latest - all weather stripping was replaced at Charles Maund Toyota (first with door seals but dealer heard the whistling during test drive so they replaced windshield seal as well). It seemed to have fixed the whistle sound however after about 2 months it happened again. It happens less frequently now so that's great, however it rears it's ugly head on windy days (driving into the wind) from time to time. I don't have the time to continue to chase this ghost so I'm hoping a "smoking gun" will be found with a TSB and I can get it resolved once and for all. Toyota dealer was awesome to work with, however unable to fully resolve the issue. Keeping ear to the tracks.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, the dealer can only do so much if it's a product issue. Glad they went to bat for you though. Do you live in a windy part of the country?

bolrjax

TTC Chicks
Yeah, the dealer can only do so much if it's a product issue. Glad they went to bat for you though. Do you live in a windy part of the country?
I thought I had updated this once already: Latest - all weather stripping was replaced at Charles Maund Toyota (first with door seals but dealer heard the whistling during test drive so they replaced windshield seal as well). It seemed to have fixed the whistle sound however after about 2 months it happened again. It happens less frequently now so that's great, however it rears it's ugly head on windy days (driving into the wind) from time to time. I don't have the time to continue to chase this ghost so I'm hoping a "smoking gun" will be found with a TSB and I can get it resolved once and for all. Toyota dealer was awesome to work with, however unable to fully resolve the issue. Keeping ear to the tracks.
We purchased used 2013 double cab Tacoma from dealer 10 months ago, with best extended warranty. When my daughter drives north at 70+ on interstate against wind, the noise is so loud it us unbearable. She's taken to dealership twice now, but they won't do anything if they can't duplicate noise, which they can't if they take on 5 minute cruise on highway around automall, it needs to be out on open highway where there is wind to drive into. She's even recorded noise for them as proof. This is very frustrating as it is obvious problem when you google it. I found TSB on 2009-2012's, which is grille, but didn't see it on 2013's.

billybob

Things like this you have to experiment, it's time consuming. Like putting tape over different areas door gap openings, window & hood gaps.

Related Content You Might Like: