• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

What are some common 2008 Tundra problems

toyotachic

My 2008 Tundra 4WD makes a clanking sound in the front end when the rear wheels slip but it also happens at other times as well. When I select 4WD high range most often causes the transmission to shift very hard and loud. It is impossible sometimes to get this truck into 4WH low. I bought this truck new and have had it back to the dealer several times with no help. It has 54,000 miles on it, do you have any ideas?.

marinehaller

I have heard that its pretty common for alot of these toyota trucks to have rust problems on the underbody. Ive not heard of to many issues with the transmission on this particular year toyota tundra. I also know that alot of people are having trouble with the tailgates in the 2005+ tailgates that are weak as they are only suppose to hold up to 200lbs. I know I personally weight more than 200lbs so that means Im not suppose to sit on the tailgate. Stupid that toyota would make them this week but it is is what it is and they dont disclose this information.

Todd RI4G

There is a new electronic rust prevention product out called the Rust Inhibitor 4G. It works passsivley stops new rust from forming and keeps existing rust from spreading.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
The main problem with the Tundra is that it was overbuilt. I'm not hearing a ton of people complaining about rust on the underbody, but that is a problem for any vehicle in certain parts of the country.

Related Content You Might Like: