• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Weekend Projects? Not Just Vehicle, But Anything.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
What's everyone got planned for the weekend? For my birthday my boys got me a gift certificate both for Cabelas and also Bass Pro Shops. So I figure we're going to hit those tomorrow and get some fishing gear, maybe some camping gear?

Also, I'm going to have to fix a bunch of this stuff on my honey do list at the house. Got a new organizational system that I have to put together, really need to clean out the garage as I never finish cleaning it up after our trip to Colorado, so we've only had one side of the garage available to us for a few weeks.

Other than that, just going to hang out with the family and enjoy the hot humid weather in North Texas. Welcome to fall!

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
No real plans for me this weekend. Looks like rain all the way through Monday. Not complaining - we could use it. Think I will kick back, enjoy the cool weather and find something to cook in the crock pot.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
No real plans for me this weekend. Looks like rain all the way through Monday. Not complaining - we could use it. Think I will kick back, enjoy the cool weather and find something to cook in the crock pot.
We got enough rain this spring to hopefully last us 10 years.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
been sandblasting, applying epoxy primer and massaging tin for a month,,,big push to get body done. Get toyota into my garage and clean up wheel arches of rock chips etc ahead of winter...have to go for surgery soon and i need all this out of the way!
IMG_1357.JPG
IMG_1397.JPG
IMG_1183.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Ugh, surgery huh, good luck on that. I'll have to get my knee looked at it myself if it doesn't get any better.

toyotasrule

100 Posts
Old man winter is looking to come early this year! Better get those winter projects done early! A buddy of mine in upstate New York / north country said they're already getting snow flurries.

DaniMolo

TTC Chicks
Halloween is on this weekend, so happy celebration! Hope you've already have your costumes :)) I'm gonna be black swan this time, we're going to a party at friend's house. I hope it will be nice evening and everyone will look fabulous! :)) it's a pity, that tomorrow I have to work, so no party till the morning. But still, it's nice to go out.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Jazz are you doing a panel and a chopped truck?
I saw a 52 panel like yours with a 3" chop last week, it was only in rough bodywork but still looked awesum.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I'm doing a '48 Chev sedan delivery. Just finished sandblasting the underside of car and getting the rest of the epoxy primer applied...Every piece of sheet metal is painted now,,,and there is lots! Just rinsed it off and digging' the wet look
The chopped truck was a time waster,,just to see how a chop would go..I liked it so i use it to store garbage cans. I have a idea for it if I come across some particular body parts...turn it into a coupe.
IMG_1409.JPG
IMG_1410.JPG

Jarred

100 Posts
Had some short biking trip last weekend, might plan next weekend if time and weather permits.

Jazz that looks totally cool project, can't wait to see the final result.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Time now is getting my snow removal equipment ready. This blower needs some love. The Mighty SS16 runs perfect
image.jpeg

Installed winter boots on both our Toyotas Satuday.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm doing a '48 Chev sedan delivery. Just finished sandblasting the underside of car and getting the rest of the epoxy primer applied...Every piece of sheet metal is painted now,,,and there is lots! Just rinsed it off and digging' the wet look
The chopped truck was a time waster,,just to see how a chop would go..I liked it so i use it to store garbage cans. I have a idea for it if I come across some particular body parts...turn it into a coupe.View attachment 4762 View attachment 4761
That's really sweet looking!

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Ugh, surgery huh, good luck on that. I'll have to get my knee looked at it myself if it doesn't get any better.
Got spine aligned last tuesday,, 5 hours on the hoist with 2' clamps anchoring my melon in place. 6 screws and some caging to align everything...

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Got spine aligned last tuesday,, 5 hours on the hoist with 2' clamps anchoring my melon in place. 6 screws and some caging to align everything...
Wow, that's some major hardware. How are you feeling?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I might need knee surgery this year, fun fun fun. Got mri last week and see the orthopedist tomorrow morning. Mri shows slight medial meniscus tear, so we'll see what they want to do.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I feel ok,,only take enough pain meds to be comfortable...I CANT lift over 10 lbs for 3 months! I also wear a TSLO (chest to waist brace). Cant sit up or walk without wearing it.Keeping busy is important.. I will get some mundane tasks done as I rarely look at a tv,,puts me to sleep

Your knee surgery will be no walk in the park either as you will likely be off your knee some time...6 weeks or have you asked. As well there can be significant pain post op..I had a similar operation 10 years ago to repair tendons in my left wrist,,woke up during operation long enough to hear nurse say "Oh shit he's awake"...was off work for 4 months...it was a great summer!

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I feel ok,,only take enough pain meds to be comfortable...I CANT lift over 10 lbs for 3 months! I also wear a TSLO (chest to waist brace). Cant sit up or walk without wearing it.Keeping busy is important.. I will get some mundane tasks done as I rarely look at a tv,,puts me to sleep

Your knee surgery will be no walk in the park either as you will likely be off your knee some time...6 weeks or have you asked. As well there can be significant pain post op..I had a similar operation 10 years ago to repair tendons in my left wrist,,woke up during operation long enough to hear nurse say "Oh shit he's awake"...was off work for 4 months...it was a great summer!
So, hopefully it won't be that bad for me. I've been reading that with slight tears that just recommend physical therapy at first and see if the muscles around it can strengthen up and solve the problem. I got bumped all the way until next Tuesday, which really stinks, but what are you going to do? Hopefully if it's surgery we can get it done the week after Christmas and before New Years so I can take a trip with the family but also have it billed out on 2015 (which we've met our family deductible, so it's no cost to me).

upatree64

My weekend plans were simple. Explore the new land, find a home site and lock in the deal. Got everything done and it put's me one step closer to jumping over all the other hurtles that come with developing a new home on undeveloped land. septic tanks, field lines, water and power meters. OH LORD.. lolol I'll get there

Related Content You Might Like: