• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Upcoming 2014 Toyota Tacoma

Old Chuck

Given the release schedule posted above, it would seem that the questions about engines etc. should have been answered by those who have seen the new Tacoma, right?

LoveTaco

100 Posts
Given the release schedule posted above, it would seem that the questions about engines etc. should have been answered by those who have seen the new Tacoma, right?
Yeah you are right, that's why they know all the specs and others details about it

Old Chuck

I hear you LoveTaco but there still seems to be confusion about what engines will be in the Tacoma. Even folks from Toyota don't seem to be sure. If anyone can say with authority what engines will be available then I would appreciate it as I am looking ahead to purchase.

Old Chuck

TruckRider, It would seem that with the various shows that have featured the Tacoma that we would know what engines and transmissions are in the 2014.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I have contacts at Toyota that are going away, that's making this much harder. The Southwestern USA PR Firm who's been with Toyota for 30+ years is going to be replaced (retirement?) so it's getting harder to get information.

I'll work on getting some more details this next week.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I have contacts at Toyota that are going away, that's making this much harder. The Southwestern USA PR Firm who's been with Toyota for 30+ years is going to be replaced (retirement?) so it's getting harder to get information.

I'll work on getting some more details this next week.

Thanks hope you can get more details about it... I can't wait to know about it:D

Old Chuck

Got a good deal on a 2013 SR5 and pulled the trigger. Figured that if they do change the engine or trans that I would give them a year or so to get any bugs worked out and can buy one then. For now, the 2013 is fine as it gets better milegage then my 2005 Tundra 4.7. Do kinda miss the larger bed but can work with that. Will want to drop in a new screen unit with satellite radio and then I am done.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Got a good deal on a 2013 SR5 and pulled the trigger. Figured that if they do change the engine or trans that I would give them a year or so to get any bugs worked out and can buy one then. For now, the 2013 is fine as it gets better milegage then my 2005 Tundra 4.7. Do kinda miss the larger bed but can work with that. Will want to drop in a new screen unit with satellite radio and then I am done.
When did you get your 2013?

Old Chuck

Fan,
Picked it up last week. Traded two paid off vehicles so got the truck and walked away with some cash. Like it so far. Different then my first gen or my Tundra. The sound is better then in the Tundra but do miss the larger spray- in bed and power rear window but all in all, a good truck. As I said, the only thing on the horizon is a VAIS Sirius satellite unit that should be a plug and play and use the same OEM screen..

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention that it is a DC 4x4 and may look at a spray in bed liner. Looks like with the factory liner that you get two compartments in the bed but without taking the liner out, it appears that you do lose some bed room with the factory liner. Do not use the compartments so may just pull the factory unit out and do a spray in like I had on the Tundra.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
So you mean the VAIS Sirius satellite unit direct plug-and-play connection technology?

I am planning also to have one...

Old Chuck

Yes, according to one on this forum and Vais, it is a plug and play. You lose NO funcitions that you have now. Installs have run about $75.00 so the whole thing will be at or less then $400.00

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I forgot to mention is that the Vais interface requires a touch screen to interface. Forgot to mention it before. I got mine shipped to my house for $323.00.

Related Content You Might Like: