• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Tacoma Tonneau Covers for Over-the-Rail Bed Liner

girlluvstacoma

Hello Toyota fans. I just upgraded from a Corolla to the Tacoma and am in need of some advice from the experts. My factory bed liner is an over the rail type. I want to put a tonneau cover on it; but, from my research, it looks like I might be cursed. Without doing major cutting to the bedliner, can anyone offer a brand of tonneau to look into? It is a 2004 regular cab...not sure the bed size. Thank you in advance! :D

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
What type of tonneau cover are you looking to install? There are like 5 different types. Do you have something in mind?

girlluvstacoma

At the couple of parts stores that I stopped to inquire, I was told that since the bed liner covers the bed's rail there wouldn't be anything for the tonneau cover to clamp onto. I guess clamps are used with most tonneau systems today.

I am pretty much game for any type of tonneau except for the snaps type. My dad originally had the snap system on his tacoma. We had a heck of a time resnapping the thing when we would remove the cover. Funny thing, I've searched many a web-site on tonneau covers and I haven't seen any pictured on the OTR bed liner.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
first off i would get rid of the bed liner they are nice but look up under it the paint is probably wearing off and soon rust will set in if it was me i would go for a spray in liner and then do you cover and rails depending on what cover you go for

bebtunes

100 Posts
i agree with 1 bad Tacoma, a spray on bedliner will be great once you get the cover that will work cause it can be sprayed to fit the bed without worrying getting dirty or rusty

GearHead

100 Posts
i agree with 1 bad Tacoma, a spray on bedliner will be great once you get the cover that will work cause it can be sprayed to fit the bed without worrying getting dirty or rusty
+1 on this, It is pretty difficult to clean underneath a standard bed-liner and there is always the potential for rust. The spray-on will create a nice seal on the bed of the truck where dirt and water can't permeate.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
lol, do we all agree that a spray-in bedliner would be best on this?

GearHead

100 Posts
lol, do we all agree that a spray-in bedliner would be best on this?
Sort of appears that way, yeah. I don't see too much dissent on this topic. Maybe we don't agree on the exact brand, however. Any recommendations for this? I would like to do mine, right now I just have a standard bed-liner.

Related Content You Might Like: