• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Towing With Tacoma?

elecjohn

I am in the process of purchasing a 2017 tacoma sr5 2wd with 3.5 v6. I tow a boat which weighs around 4000 pounds including trailer etc. I currently use my 2001 f250 super duty but am selling it. Anyone have any input regarding how the truck will handle this. thanks

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I am in the process of purchasing a 2017 tacoma sr5 2wd with 3.5 v6. I tow a boat which weighs around 4000 pounds including trailer etc. I currently use my 2001 f250 super duty but am selling it. Anyone have any input regarding how the truck will handle this. thanks
Get the factory tow package and a good brake controller. I think the 2017 model has much increased towing capacity over the previous generations

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I would recommend the Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller. Excellent brake control for 1 to 5 axle trailers. A little pricey but well worth it in the long run. You can pick them up on Amazon with wiring harness. Just make sure the wiring harness is correct for your year model Tacoma.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
You will be fine my dad tows a 18 foot boat in his 2010 tacoma with no problem at all

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I agree on the Tekonsha recommendation, that's a trusted brand with a good reputation.

Related Content You Might Like: