• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

T100 Fan Noise

vappour

Hello all. I'm new on the site, and this is my first post. Please forgive any mistakes. I own a 1995 T100 DX 2-wheel drive with the 3.4L six and 5-speed manual. It was purchased new, and I've driven it without major problems for 20+ years (about 155,000 miles). For some time now, on hot So Cal days, when I turn on the A/C, the engine fan makes a very loud whining noise. This gets worse as the RPM's increase, but it seems to begin between 2000 and 2500 RPM. (You've probably heard all this before, but as I mentioned above -- I'm new .)

Any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated. What about an electric engine fan? Will this solve the problem? Does anybody know who makes one for the T100 3.4L? Is this the best way to go? This may not sound like a big deal, but,believe me, it really ruins the ride. Again, your expertise will be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

vappour

Well, my post has been up here since July 19 without a single reply. Hmmm. The fan is still howling loudly. I can only guess nobody else has had this problem with their T100 or any other Toyota truck for that matter. Very interesting indeed. Or maybe this is just the wrong site -- if so, it's my mistake. Sorry.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
Hello all. I'm new on the site, and this is my first post. Please forgive any mistakes. I own a 1995 T100 DX 2-wheel drive with the 3.4L six and 5-speed manual. It was purchased new, and I've driven it without major problems for 20+ years (about 155,000 miles). For some time now, on hot So Cal days, when I turn on the A/C, the engine fan makes a very loud whining noise. This gets worse as the RPM's increase, but it seems to begin between 2000 and 2500 RPM. (You've probably heard all this before, but as I mentioned above -- I'm new .)

Any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated. What about an electric engine fan? Will this solve the problem? Does anybody know who makes one for the T100 3.4L? Is this the best way to go? This may not sound like a big deal, but,believe me, it really ruins the ride. Again, your expertise will be appreciated. Thanks.
You sure it's the engine fan or the ac compressor

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Well, my post has been up here since July 19 without a single reply. Hmmm. The fan is still howling loudly. I can only guess nobody else has had this problem with their T100 or any other Toyota truck for that matter. Very interesting indeed. Or maybe this is just the wrong site -- if so, it's my mistake. Sorry.
Just saw this. Have you looked at the fan clutch assembly, that will make it fairly loud, like the sound of a turbo prop plane about to take off.

Related Content You Might Like: