• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Summer Is Here, What's Planned For Weekend?

upatree64

Well even though I'm a Fall and Winter time kinda guy, I really enjoy some things I get to do in the Summer. June is here and I burned the tire's on my Tacoma running around getting all my bill's paid and the calendar mostly cleared. I'm about to head out to the shop and dig out my camping equip. and give everything a good cleaning and laid out ready to go. I'm hoping to spend at least 4 days to 7 days starting Sunday evening up in the mountains. I've got 300 acres of private land located right next to a State park and while I have 2 beautiful creeks to enjoy, the Park has swimming with white sand beach's [man made of course], a store and a really good restaurant, if I feel like it.
Let the summer fun begin!
Anyone else getting on with their summer fun?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
No plans, doing contract work means that I don't work, I don't earn money. No vacation, no PTO. So, I might force the issue and take a week off in a few weeks and go camping. Otherwise, just working for the weekend and spend a lot of time with the family.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Basically no real summer plans. Got quite a few small projects on my list but I will do them when the time and mood come together. Other than that I will enjoy the summer day by day.

upatree64

well my plans to leave out this evening has been delayed but of course for good reason's. I also picked up some company for the trip with a member of my hunting land and his wife [and dogs]. I've had to move my plans to Wed. and nothing, short of death, shall keep me from my adventure. I have everything ready to load up and spent Sat. morning on my land preparing for my stay and getting a to do list of things that need attention on the land also. I did manage to take a few shots of the Tacoma and me though, just as prelude to what's to come. Man I love this section of land..
DSCN5512.JPG
DSCN5514.JPG
DSCN5516.JPG
DSCN5517.JPG
DSCN5518.JPG
DSCN5512.JPG DSCN5514.JPG DSCN5516.JPG DSCN5517.JPG DSCN5518.JPG

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Really wanting to move out of the metro area.

However, really enjoying grilling in the backyard this afternoon though. Kids playing in the water.

[photo=large]1034[/photo]
[photo=large]1035[/photo]
[photo=large]1036[/photo]

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
No summer plans at this time, been out of the country for the last five months so I have lots of projects to catch up on around the house, and since I left rather unexpectedly and had bought a new to me wrecked 2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special that I originally planned to already be riding I believe my summer is actually booked for me.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
.........and since I left rather unexpectedly and had bought a new to me wrecked 2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special that I originally planned to already be riding I believe my summer is actually booked for me.
That sounds interesting. Post up some pics of the progress.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I tore the bike a part today so all I have at my shop is a couple boxes of parts.
The new fairings, fenders, tank and other body parts are getting some custom bodywork and paint by a friend.
The frame is at a local Harley shop getting straightened then another shop for powder coat
I sold the engine/trans and wheels, Im waiting for a new S&S 120 engine, Baker 8spd trans, and new custom wheels.
Hopefully should have all the parts back at the shop by mid July and start assembly.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Sounds like you got a good start on the bike project. Can't say I tore my bike apart but I did put 4" Rineharts on a couple weeks ago. Installed a Sundowner (demo loaner) from the HD dealer today. Going for a good ride tomorrow to check it out.

upatree64

Well I made out of the woods alive and refreshed. My neighbor actually came and got me, but that's ok. I made a deal with him anyway and he's giving me a single little cabin if I do all the finish work inside his new little cabin. They have delivered his new cabin and it's time to start pecking away at making him a decent place to come to.
The camping trip turned out to be a great few day's alone with all my critters in the woods. Quite a few interaction's with the deer I'll see in the Fall. The camp was dry and cool. The tractor worked great and most everything went just as planned. It turned out to be a great outing all together. A little rest , a serious scrubbing and a shave today and tomorrow I'll let the sweat drip away on the new cabin.

upatree64

This summer week end will be full of cook outs and kids [adult kids]. My 4 kids are all grown and married but I was tickled when each one of them went out of their way to make plans to be with me, daddy. They each have another dad to spend time with, since they are married and another spouses parents need to be remembered also.
I'll be having breakfast with one daughter, cooking steaks one evening with my only son, doing a cook out with another daughter and hoping to find time to take a 3 hr drive to give my oldest girl a big hug. I'd say I'm about to be as busy as a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.
Happy Father's Day weekend Toyota Fans, I hope it's filled with smiles and laughter.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Not really planned, but I found a deal on Craigslist Friday morning for a 12' trailer with 8 Canoes and 8 Kayaks, and an assortment of life vests and paddles all for $1500.
A river adventure outfitter on the Brazo's river about 70 miles away was going out of business.
I've been looking for 3 kayaks for the son in law, grand daughter, and myself, and a canoe for the wife and daughter.
While we were out playing at a local lake today I made back half my investment by selling 2 canoes.
I'm thinking the boats should be a lot of fun this summer.

Related Content You Might Like: