• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Summer Travel Plans

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
We might take a trip to the grand canyon and tow the trailer out there and do a week of camping. Now that I've gotten a good 20+ hours of towing experience I feel confident that I can drive most of the freeways between 60 and 65mph with no issues at all.

What's everyone else got planned?

GRAND CANYON CAMPING

Last edited:

Trenee31

TTC Chicks
My family loves the beach. I plan on traveling down to Panama City Fla. for a few days. I can't wait to park my Tacoma out on the beach, listen to music, eat good food, and spend quality time with my family.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
My family loves the beach. I plan on traveling down to Panama City Fla. for a few days. I can't wait to park my Tacoma out on the beach, listen to music, eat good food, and spend quality time with my family.
That sounds like a nice plan.

So get this ... up until about 6 years ago, my brother and his family lived in Jacksonville, Florida. I live in Dallas, Texas area. That's about 14 hours driving time, too much for one day, but a good 2-day drive either way.

So the plan was that we would meet up in the middle somewhere. Well, there is no really good "middle" place, but Pensacola / Destin would be a good place for both us to to go. With good traffic that's about 9 to 10 hours for me and about 4 to 5 for him.

DESTIN FLORIDA

So, before we got settled down with work schedules, children being born, etc. HE MOVED TO ALASKA! Go figure. He said, "hey, come on up and visit us anything mid-spring to early fall" ... Yeah, well, that's not quite the same thing now is it for a simple summer trip. One is jumping in the car and driving 10 hours and we're there for just the cost of gas. The other is packing up a family of five and flying from DFW to Anchorage ... the flights alone are about 7 hours non-stop, or about 8 to 9 hours with 1 stop.

ANCHORAGE ALASKA

Anyhow, i'm not sure what we're doing this year, probably going for a week up in Broken Bow, OK at the campgroup there and do some fishing, enjoy being outdoors. My mom's in town so they're going swimming a lot down at the pool, etc.

BROKEN BOW, OKLAHOMA - We're planning a trip here this year.

Beavers Bend state park

This is not our setup, but this is a typical layout for trailers on the river-side. We were here in March and we got one of the river-side camping spots.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
This summer I plan on traveling to work and back, multiple times.
No real vacation plans since the wife has a new position at work and we recently invested a large amount of $$ in a new buisiness venture that were hoping will finance many more summer vacations.

DaniMolo

TTC Chicks
Well, summer is gone, but still I want to share, where I've travelled during August. First we had a flight to barcelona, spend couple days there, and after that we took a cruise in mediterranean sea. We've visited Greece, Monaco, Italy and Turkey, every city was really amazing. I remember that trip till now. :)

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Did you make it down to the beach this year?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Well, summer is gone, but still I want to share, where I've travelled during August. First we had a flight to barcelona, spend couple days there, and after that we took a cruise in mediterranean sea. We've visited Greece, Monaco, Italy and Turkey, every city was really amazing. I remember that trip till now. :)
Wow, world traveler huh? Sounds amazing.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Oh, and to recap what we did for 2015 .... We did go to the following this year:
  • Beaver's Bend in Broken Bow, Oklahoma. That was nice.
  • Chickasaw National Campground in Sulphur, OK. Again, very nice.
  • Pensacola, Florida. This was NOT any fun, I threw my back out, my wife got bit/stung by something and my oldest boy fell and hit the wall in the hotel and needed to get his skin glued together.
  • South Fork, Colorado. This was a LOT of fun. Really enjoyed going to Colorado this year, even if the wife did seem to have a problem with high altitude sickness.

Related Content You Might Like: