• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Squeezing Some Mpg From That 3.5l

After getting out of a 96 F250 w a 460..
I'm real happy with my mileage per gallon. That's a tank average,
IMG_20160721_152952067.jpg
not a quick trip down the highway.
In case anybody is wondering .

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Guess you notice a big difference in mileage going from a F250 to a Tacoma. ;)

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
One day when I get my act together I'll end up getting a gas guzzling tow vehicle again, for now it's not in the cards for me as I have no place to park that. We live in a community with a 30 acre park across the street and it's been a hangout for punk kids at night, so I have to park off the street.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I still have my oil burner Chevy Dually c/c tow rig.
Diesels if prepped right can pull some good MPG numbers, since all mine does is pull trailers I've put a lot of work into improving the numbers, from tweaking the turbo to a propane injection system, and larger exhaust piping.
My truck isn't very pretty anymore since its got the Chevy clear coat peeling issue, but with a trailer and 5-6k lbs I still average 26MPG.

I still have my oil burner Chevy Dually c/c tow rig.
Diesels if prepped right can pull some good MPG numbers, since all mine does is pull trailers I've put a lot of work into improving the numbers, from tweaking the turbo to a propane injection system, and larger exhaust piping.
My truck isn't very pretty anymore since its got the Chevy clear coat peeling issue, but with a trailer and 5-6k lbs I still average 26MPG.
Nice mileage

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Its been 10 years of trial and error to get it dialed in to this point, along with a small amount of money. I might find a break even point in the next 20k miles.

Related Content You Might Like: