• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Spring 2016 - How's Your Year Going Thus Far?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
How's your year going so far everyone? We're still on the lookout for a new vehicle, I might forget the tow vehicle concept (because of my lack of garage space to park) and just go looking for a 4Runner or similar 4WD daily driver.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Starting to warm up. Going to have my first bbq of the year soon.

Reactions: blg

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Suck's, Laid off again as of April 1st., There are just no jobs here. I have been in my house for 19 years, moving is not an option. But still not as bad as last year. Hopefully I won't lose another family member this year.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Suck's, Laid off again as of April 1st., There are just no jobs here. I have been in my house for 19 years, moving is not an option. But still not as bad as last year. Hopefully I won't lose another family member this year.
Bad industry downturn for sure, I'm readjusting to a long commute everyday myself over the past 4 months.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Where in Texas, Steve?
Live in the South Arlington / Mansfield area. I tend to spend most of my time down here even though I've got a contract gig in downtown Dallas at the moment so it's about 30 miles each way each day during the week.

So, for the grill. We have a Brinkman grill from Lowes and the gas regulator went out and I for the life of me can't find a proper length replacement piece for this and it's just a headache so I've converted it into a wood-burning grill and that seems to be fine for now. I've been using wood/charcoal to provide heat with and then a variety of woods to smoke with, apple has been my favorite smoking wood of choice lately.

blg

Live in the South Arlington / Mansfield area. I tend to spend most of my time down here even though I've got a contract gig in downtown Dallas at the moment so it's about 30 miles each way each day during the week.

So, for the grill. We have a Brinkman grill from Lowes and the gas regulator went out and I for the life of me can't find a proper length replacement piece for this and it's just a headache so I've converted it into a wood-burning grill and that seems to be fine for now. I've been using wood/charcoal to provide heat with and then a variety of woods to smoke with, apple has been my favorite smoking wood of choice lately.
Feel bad for the Houston folks getting all that water.
Have a cousin in Wimberley - retired from Houston, and they lost their entire first floor in the flood there a year or so back. Finished their rebuild last October and finally moved back in. They live on the river - 38 feet above normal water level. Anyway, no one hurt

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Wimberley is hill country I thought and was up away from all of this flooding nonsense. Did you mean the lost it in a flood this year or in a previous year?

It's crazy with the amount of rain falling over the past 18 months, considering there has been an "exceptional drought" for over a decade.

blg

Feel bad for the Houston folks getting all that water.
Have a cousin in Wimberley - retired from Houston, and they lost their entire first floor in the flood there a year or so back. Finished their rebuild last October and finally moved back in. They live on the river - 38 feet above normal water level. Anyway, no one hurt
I haven't quite figured out where to hit the "reply" to continue the thread! Sorry if this is in the wrong place!
This was last year. He finished rebuilding last October. I went down for their party. One house on the other side of the river (the outside curve) was entirely gone - just the footings remained. Several neighbors on his side of the river had been worked on extensively and were reoccupied. A wonderful community of very friendly people, most I met were originally from Houston.

Truck question - I just got a 4runner TRDPro and love it. Have recently begun doing some modifications and would like to know if the B.F. Goodrich tire T/A KO2 LT275/70R17 will fit in the spare holder. Thanks!

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I haven't quite figured out where to hit the "reply" to continue the thread! Sorry if this is in the wrong place!
This was last year. He finished rebuilding last October. I went down for their party. One house on the other side of the river (the outside curve) was entirely gone - just the footings remained. Several neighbors on his side of the river had been worked on extensively and were reoccupied. A wonderful community of very friendly people, most I met were originally from Houston.

Truck question - I just got a 4runner TRDPro and love it. Have recently begun doing some modifications and would like to know if the B.F. Goodrich tire T/A KO2 LT275/70R17 will fit in the spare holder. Thanks!
I'm going to split this off and post the question in the 4Runner forum on here.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
It was May 24 2015. Here are a couple of youtube videos.

Wow, i didn't know it was that bad down there. We got flooding up in the DFW area and I was just upset because some of the regional state parks got shut down due to high water, I guess our friends and neighbors down south lost a lot more. ugh. I've been down to Marble Falls a couple of times over the past year, so i've been in and out of there quite a bit, didn't know it was like that.

Dave

Did think it was strange that people keep getting caught up in the flood waters. They just look out and think it's like 1 foot deep, but it's actually like 5 feet deep.

Houston flooding: At least 5 dead - CNN.com

The flooding or circumstances surrounding the flooding was not funny, but I remember this video from the news, and wondered why this guy was told to swim for it when he could have just walked out like the guy did that came a got him. If he had to swim for real the car would not even be visable

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
The flooding or circumstances surrounding the flooding was not funny, but I remember this video from the news, and wondered why this guy was told to swim for it when he could have just walked out like the guy did that came a got him. If he had to swim for real the car would not even be visable
Good point, her could have just probably stood up at any time

blg

That is what it looked like. Held the mike when going out to help the guy and was making sure he looked at the camera! Was a bit on the transparent side -

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
That is what it looked like. Held the mike when going out to help the guy and was making sure he looked at the camera! Was a bit on the transparent side -
Yeah, he didn't exactly dive in to rescue him.

Makes me think that this was all a publicity stunt actually.

Related Content You Might Like: