• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

South Louisiana Flooding

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Yea, man. I have been very lucky, and blessed. No water in my house at all. 1000s here have been flooded, but not me. Work is not flooded ether. Most of the local roads are good now. I have been in my house for 20 years, and I have never had water in it, thank God. I looked at the flood plane before I bought, and I am not in a flood zone. With the second highest river levels ever recorded though you just never know what your in for,

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Any relief yet on the flood waters?
Yes. The flood waters are going down very slowly. Back water flooding has been as issue for some. It rained a little today, and the radio was going crazy with flash flood alarts, but it was just our typical afternoon shower that didn't really affect anything. The river stages have crested, and are slowly falling. As for me, I am, and have been grate, thank God

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Been watching this on the weather channel and looks like there's more rain on the way.

We're getting hit with a very odd system of weather in North Texas this last week. Rain and clouds with low temps. While I'm sure that the guys who are building houses are loving it, same with anyone who has to work outside, I had hoped for one last blast of nice weather to take a little trip before the kids go back to school next week and i've got a follow-up job interview hopefully for early next week as well.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Been watching this on the weather channel and looks like there's more rain on the way.

We're getting hit with a very odd system of weather in North Texas this last week. Rain and clouds with low temps. While I'm sure that the guys who are building houses are loving it, same with anyone who has to work outside, I had hoped for one last blast of nice weather to take a little trip before the kids go back to school next week and i've got a follow-up job interview hopefully for early next week as well.
Good luck on the interview

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Wow, just read on the Weather Channel that over 40,000 homes are impacted by flooding! That's a lot of people!!!

40,000 Homes Impacted by Deadly Flooding in Louisiana
  • Water has overtopped a levee in Ascension Parish.
  • At least 11 people have died in severe flooding that has swamped a large swath of southeastern Louisiana and southern Mississippi.
  • The federal government has declared a major disaster in Louisiana.
  • 30,000 people have been rescued from flooded homes and vehicles.

We were thinking of taking a last minute trip to Destin Florida, and that would have put us on a path down I-10, any way that we would have gone would have been a nightmare. Glad we didn't go, that's all that they need would be more people going through there.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I see online that people are getting back to their houses and that the floods caused the sewers to backup and there is "muck/sludge' everywhere inside peoples homes, which is a mix of mud and human waste. There's going to be a lot of homes that get bulldozed. I knew some general contractors who spent a year or more out in that part of the world when Katrina hit, I would imagine that contractors are headed out there right now.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
I see online that people are getting back to their houses and that the floods caused the sewers to backup and there is "muck/sludge' everywhere inside peoples homes, which is a mix of mud and human waste. There's going to be a lot of homes that get bulldozed. I knew some general contractors who spent a year or more out in that part of the world when Katrina hit, I would imagine that contractors are headed out there right now.
Yes they are.

Related Content You Might Like: