• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Sequoia 2005 Rear Suspension Issue

refereeman

Hello, first of all, i´m sorry about my english.

I have a toyota sequoia 2005. I have an issue with the rear suspension rear air bags, they explote by very first time, i replaced with an original replacement part from toyota site, after of some use they explote again, but since the first time i change the air bags, tha sequoia doesnt work well and it has some problems with the suspension that doesnt support the weight of the car. next step, i change the air bags and i customize the van with a springs with the same result. the rear suspension rebound any time i fall in a hole or pass trough some elevated thing. i work in ranchs and use it for to go off road. so when i took the road the van goes jumping a lot for the rear suspension.

Thank for your comments.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
So you've got a 2005 Sequoia with the load leveling rear suspension a/k/a "air bags" I assume. Did you use factory OEM parts or aftermarket when you rep[laced these? What is the problem that you need help with?

That system has an air compressor that inflates the bags when the system senses there is a load on the rear suspension. These systems were unfortunate notorious for leaking air and not working properly, or blowing one or both of the bags.

Is the vehicle bottoming out, as if it's a normal vehicle with a broken shock/strut?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
... also, forgot to ask, how many miles on the vehicle and how many miles did the factory air suspension bags last before they had to be replaced? Was the compressor looked at?

Related Content You Might Like: