• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

seeking education on tacoma vibration issues

keakar

I saw some threads on other forums about widespread vibration issue on tacomas

im in the middle of a lemon law thing with my 2014 Silverado at this moment and it has this same 45mph and 70 mph vibration I see being talked about in the tacomas which scares the hell out of me now.

I plan to buy a Tacoma to get away from the vibrating issues plaguing the chevys (along with many many other issues) so I absolutely don't want to go from one vibrator lemon to another one.

can someone explain in a clear simple manner which years and body styles have this vibration issue and if its mainly with the 2wd or 4wd or both that have the vibration issues so I can be sure to avoid them or check them over with a fine tooth comb before buying.

am I just gun shy and freaking out about nothing here?

also is there any consensus among owners who do have vibration issues as to what is the cause of them?

thank you

Last edited:

keakar

hello?????????????????????

birds and crickets chirping ................................

im not slaming tacomas here guys im just trying to learn about them.

all trucks have issues and yotas have the least of any brands out there but I do want to know all I can about them to avoid buying someone elses problems or what to watch out for in a new one

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
What year Tacoma's are you getting this info on?
Ive never run across vibrstion issues on first gen Tacomas unless it was a self made issue from lifting/lowering or bad u-joints.
Second gen trucks Im not as versed on, Ive had 2 second gen trucks, 4x4 std cab and 4x4 crew cab, neither had a vibration issue and Ive never run across others in my truck club with this problem.

keakar

ok, this is what I was reading: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/339224-arbitration-didnt-go-well.html

its a long thread to read through but as you do, at first I thought it was just the new ones 13 &14's were having a few vibration issues but then I see more people talking about their older ones 07, 08, 09's doing it to back then when they bought them in those years new.

nobody was clear if it was modded trucks or stock trucks but I would think they would mention it if it was a modded truck so from what I could tell, it seams like they were talking about stock trucks

Last edited:

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I read the whole thread, what I picked up was it didnt matter modded or stock.
After a further search I also noticed the amount of people complaining about the vibe was low, most noted yes there was a vibration, some even admitted they had to be told to look for it before they noticed it was there, and many felt it was insignificant enough to ignore and would more than likely be forgotten in time or go away with new tires.
A call to a friend of mine that works Toyota regional revealed the problem is about 1 of every 500 trucks and many have been corrected with a TSB or new tires.
As always there are those trucks that just wont fall into the tolerance level.
This issue is also restricted to 2nd gen Tacomas from 07-14 model yrs and Tundras from 09-14 model yrs.
Oddly enough not 4Runners or Seqoias.

keakar

thanks that's good to know

I think im set on finding a gen 1 Tacoma but may have to get a new one if I cant find a good deal on a used one.

so it looks like I need to be very careful to look for vibrations if I buy a gen 2 or a new one.

chevy vibrators are about 1 out of every 5 on the lot on all 2014 and im sure the 15's as well and they have no clue why or how to fix it but they are saying its "normal" to get carsick driving them since they make the claim that "all the trucks on the lot do it too" so its a "normal" condition and we should just go away and learn to live with a defective truck.

Related Content You Might Like: