• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Old School WWF/WWE Deaths | Rowdy Roddy Piper - RIP age 61 | Mean Gene

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Im just here to chew gum and kick ass, and Im all out of gum.
Never a big fan of any wrestling series, but Rowdy Roddy was one of a very few from sports that managed to break out, somewhat, and never make an ass of himself or get tangled in drama.
Definantly went way to young.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
A lot of these guys end up dying very young, and you just have to wonder if performance enhancing drugs did or did not cause physiological problems that caused their young deaths.

They say one of the biggest problems with anabolic steroid abuse (and i did not say use, I said abuse) is the damage it does to your heart and also your veins and arteries. So somebody who let's just say 6 foot tall and 180 pounds, very healthy, very athletic ... suddenly gets on a high dose of anabolic steroids, and all over the course of about 5 years bulks up to 240 pounds ... even if they get off the juice, all of that testosterone in their blood system has eaten away at the inner lining of their veins and arteries.

So when they are 25 years old, professional athlete earning millions of dollars, or a professional wrestler / actor / acrobatic performer, they're fine. However when they're 50 years old they start having problems like strokes, brain bleeds, brain aneurysms, and of course cardiac issues because they're hard has to work harder to push through a lot of the clogs and junk going on in their veins and arteries.

Now I'm not saying that he was, or was not on steroids, it's just suspicious.

Crazy8

I was so sad when I heard about this. I just watch that show they had on the network last year with him in it too. He seemed so healthy and full of life.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
yeah, but a lot of these guys used steroids heavily so that weakens the heart and the arteries. Too bad.

hippie13gcid

Sorry folks, I met Roddy back in the 70's when he was a puppy in WWE. He was a jerk then. He came to my small town in Oregon for midweek touring wrestling shows connected with a then televised wrestling show out of the Portland sports arena. He was outa control and obviously high on something then. Now my new wife idolized the wrestlers then. She actually believed those fights were real and unscripted. Well I had occasion to meet some of his competition in my job b4 married as manager of a gas station where the tour came to fuel up and buy ice for their RV's and get repairs. You may or may not recognize the names of Dutch Savage, Tuff Tony Boren, Jimmy Snooka. but I knew them all well enuf to sit at a bar and drink with them. Ya even Rowdy but he hadta be carried out early because he was such an obnoxious drunk and the local bouncers could easily overpower him and eject him. Well, ya, Took my new wife to a steak house and sat at a table with Tony Boren and Dutch Savage one night. They carefully explained to her how each and every fight was choreographed and scripted down to the last throw and punch and she refused to believe them. Hey! get real! WWE is Entertainment NOT actual fighting. Rowdy Roddy Piper was an actor on a stage. Ya, similar to Hulk Hogan and many others. they played the good guy one week and the bad guy the next. Sad he's gone. But no better than any other 2 bit actor that didn't quite make Hollywood.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Sorry folks, I met Roddy back in the 70's when he was a puppy in WWE. He was a jerk then. He came to my small town in Oregon for midweek touring wrestling shows connected with a then televised wrestling show out of the Portland sports arena. He was outa control and obviously high on something then. Now my new wife idolized the wrestlers then. She actually believed those fights were real and unscripted. Well I had occasion to meet some of his competition in my job b4 married as manager of a gas station where the tour came to fuel up and buy ice for their RV's and get repairs. You may or may not recognize the names of Dutch Savage, Tuff Tony Boren, Jimmy Snooka. but I knew them all well enuf to sit at a bar and drink with them. Ya even Rowdy but he hadta be carried out early because he was such an obnoxious drunk and the local bouncers could easily overpower him and eject him. Well, ya, Took my new wife to a steak house and sat at a table with Tony Boren and Dutch Savage one night. They carefully explained to her how each and every fight was choreographed and scripted down to the last throw and punch and she refused to believe them. Hey! get real! WWE is Entertainment NOT actual fighting. Rowdy Roddy Piper was an actor on a stage. Ya, similar to Hulk Hogan and many others. they played the good guy one week and the bad guy the next. Sad he's gone. But no better than any other 2 bit actor that didn't quite make Hollywood.
Funny that you mentioned Jimmy Snooka.

Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged with 1983 murder of girlfriend

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...d-with-murder-girlfriend-in-183/?intcmp=hpbt4

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I remember Roddy Piper's movie "They Live" from 1988. Watched it many a moon ago. Added it to the list again on Netflix. RIP

Related Content You Might Like: