• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

replacement seat fitment question

keakar

im looking at buying a 1999 Tacoma in good condition but the bech seat that is in it is torn and the radio has been replaced. I would prefer a replacement seat to having it reupholstered or those seat covers which I hate.

obviously I also need to make darn sure the wiring hasn't been hacked up with the radio swap.

on to the real question.

where can I get a replacement stock Tacoma fm radio at that will fit and will any Tacoma radio fit or do they change fitment based on the year model? all I need is a working FM radio, I don't care if it has casset or cd player

what years do the seats change? in other words what year models do I have to get a seat out of to have it fit right and can you easily swap back and forth from a bench seat to bucket seats and console depending on whats out there? my first choice is a bench seat because it just feels roomier then buckets with a console plus it has a bench seat in it now so im sure a bench seat isn't as popular and the plain looking bench seat is (im hoping) likely to be cheaper and easier to get.

also can anyone clue me in to where is a good resource for used Tacoma parts in good condition at fair prices?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Reasonably priced, good condition used Tacoma parts for sale are hard to find. Most trucks that land in recycle yards are stripped fast.
The radio can be sourced from a 1995.5 to 2004 Tacoma truck, they came in the following models: am/fm, am/fm/cassette, am/fm/single cd, am/fm/controller for remote mount multi cd.
Pre Tacoma model radios can be made to fit but require wire harness mods.
Tacoma's came with 3 versions of seats that are interchangable: full bench that folds forward, 60/40 bench that folds forward and has recline, and bucket seats that fold forward and recline.
These seats are available in trucks from 1995.5 to 2004

keakar

thanks,

so I guess its reupholstering then since from the pictures I saw of it, the seat looks to be just unstitched like the outer seam just came apart rather then foam damaged.

will have to give that some consideration then.

as for the radio,

maybe that's why its got an aftermarket radio in it now lol, maybe just have to make sure its wired correctly and properly soldered.

just would have been nice to have the dash look factory, its just such a nicer cleaner look to it IMO

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
@keakar ... What type of aftermarket radio is in there? Hate to say it, but often times when there is a break-in (see if you have factory glass on all windows, look for the screened-on decals on the glass) then there is damage to the dash where it's easier/cheaper for the insurance company to offer either cash payout or get them an "upgraded" stereo system with a dash kit that is designed to cover damage.

Can you take a pic of your dash with the aftermarket head unit in there?

keakar

they sold it already, guess I should have jumped on it at that price and figure out all the little things it needed later

Related Content You Might Like: