• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Removing Rear Headrests ~ 2012 Tacoma Access Cab

Dave W.

TITLE SHOULD READ REAR HEADREST!!!!

Came home today with a new to me 2012 Tacoma Access Cab. I want to use the area behind the seats for my dogs, have done this with my T 100 by removing the seats and installing a padded platform for my buddies. But, the Tacoma has two headrests in the back that fold up and down and I want to remove them. But, (again) I do not see a way to do this. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to do this?
By the way, this is my first post on the forum and I look forward to learning and sharing much in the future.
Dave

Last edited:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'll update the title when I get to an actual computer instead of my phone.

What trim level do you have? I think more often than not these days most manufacturers have vehicles with rear headrest that do not pull out, it just seems to be the way things have gone where everything is full flat and the headrest will fold in such a way that it

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Looks like my message got cut off. It's going to say in order to get folded flat the headrest hold at a 90 degree angle also allowing the overall seat to be larger so the headrest doesn't hit the seat in front.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Hmm, not sure if I found the correct diagram or not for this. It's a 2012 but not sure about the trim level.

713433H.jpg

Related Content You Might Like: