• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Power Windows Acting Up 2004 Highlander

roborob76

The power windows on my 2004 have started acting up, and always when down.
1st, Drivers side rear, then passengers side rear, and now drivers window.

I'm thinking something to do with the switch connections, as it's sporadic, and sometimes they're fine.

Anyone already fought the same battle?

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
The BCM controls that. (Body Control Module) . Although there may be a switch issue, I don't think you can just change the switch without having the BCM re programmed for the new switch. All the manufactures do this.

roborob76

The BCM controls that. (Body Control Module) . Although there may be a switch issue, I don't think you can just change the switch without having the BCM re programmed for the new switch. All the manufactures do this.
If I disconnect battery for an hour will the bcm reset?

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
I would think it would re set the BCM, but may be 5 mins is all you need. Here is the issue with that. If there is a bad switch or circuit board it will just go back to doing the same thing. I have not had this issue my self, I just know what the basic operation of the BCM is. Try this reset before you disconnect the battery.

roborob76

Wow, thanks brother, I'll scope it out tomorrow. Going to try the "Master Switch Reset" one.
FYI, I was a Navy welder back before my eyes got bad, had to change careers or go blind...
You still burnin rods?

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Well, kind of. I'm laid off, but I think I found a job. I'm supposed. to start on Monday. I will need to take a pee test. That's no problem. The job is doing a lot of TIG fillet weld. I can TIG, but I was a fab welder on an oil rig in the gulf of Mexico for 25 years doing what ever it takes to keep an oil rig running in the Gulf of Mexico. All that is left out there now is some construction, and that is not what I was doing, and not what I want to do. They work for 5 or 6 weeks, and come home for 1 week, and do it all over again. Not my thing. On an oil rig, you work what the rig works. You are a member of the rig crew. I worked 14 days, then had 14 days off. I did that for 32 years.There is almost no drilling out there now. Jobs here where I live are few and far in between. No body is building any thing rite now. Everything here is tied to the oil field and the price of oil, so while the rest of the country gets to enjoy low gas prices, we suffer here. It is always the little man that suffers the most. Big oil is ok, but there are a lot of good hard working people here that need a good job. I am 57 and my vision is 20-20 with my glasses. I guess I have been lucky when it comes to that. Before I learned how to weld, I was a mechanic at 2 new car dealers, but that was 1977 through 1979.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
I know you can't tell in my avatar, but I am about 125 feet up off of the water. That pic was about 7 or may be 8 years ago.

roborob76

My avatars' from 1982 on the Enterprise, in the Ship fitter shop. Craziest weld I ever did was extended all the way out in a basket lift from elevator #2, while underway, about 60' above the ocean, welding a stuffing tube...why they did not realize this was needed while IN PORT, is beyond me.lol.
Anyway, did the window reset this morning, and so far so good. The last thing you want in August in San Antonio is windows that won't go ip. Sizzle sizzle..
Thanks for thetip!

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
No Prob, I glad it worked, I know how it is to live where it is hot. It is HOT in south Louisiana (Lafayette La.), but it almost never snow's here LOL. It;s so hot now, it is almost hard to breathe. If you go outside in the afternoon, you will start sweating, even just standing there. As for welding in some crazy places, man have I ever. So much so, that I am use to it. I like a challenge.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Well, kind of. I'm laid off, but I think I found a job. I'm supposed. to start on Monday. I will need to take a pee test. That's no problem. The job is doing a lot of TIG fillet weld. I can TIG, but I was a fab welder on an oil rig in the gulf of Mexico for 25 years doing what ever it takes to keep an oil rig running in the Gulf of Mexico. All that is left out there now is some construction, and that is not what I was doing, and not what I want to do. They work for 5 or 6 weeks, and come home for 1 week, and do it all over again. Not my thing. On an oil rig, you work what the rig works. You are a member of the rig crew. I worked 14 days, then had 14 days off. I did that for 32 years.There is almost no drilling out there now. Jobs here where I live are few and far in between. No body is building any thing rite now. Everything here is tied to the oil field and the price of oil, so while the rest of the country gets to enjoy low gas prices, we suffer here. It is always the little man that suffers the most. Big oil is ok, but there are a lot of good hard working people here that need a good job. I am 57 and my vision is 20-20 with my glasses. I guess I have been lucky when it comes to that. Before I learned how to weld, I was a mechanic at 2 new car dealers, but that was 1977 through 1979.
Good luck on the new job, I'm in the same boat myself.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
My avatars' from 1982 on the Enterprise, in the Ship fitter shop. Craziest weld I ever did was extended all the way out in a basket lift from elevator #2, while underway, about 60' above the ocean, welding a stuffing tube...why they did not realize this was needed while IN PORT, is beyond me.lol.
Anyway, did the window reset this morning, and so far so good. The last thing you want in August in San Antonio is windows that won't go ip. Sizzle sizzle..
Thanks for thetip!
Glad that worked for you. How long did it take to reset?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Welll...t only took 5 minutes to reset it, but.... today it's back to it's old ways once again.
This may be the next thing to try...
Odd that it worked for a short while. Did you do the other thing?

roborob76

It seems to have been resolved, if you go back a few messages, you'll see a link Kenny posted, the 2nd one worked

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
This is a heavily viewed thread on here. Are others still having this issue? Would love to hear if anyone else had the issue and was able to get it resolved.

Related Content You Might Like: