• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

NO start/ inconsistant symptoms

86pudlx

My 86 22r pickup is having a no start problem. Some times it starts sometimes it wont, with no consistancy. When I can get it started i have to hit the gas pretty frequently to keep it running but it idles high(over 1500rpm then just stalls out). have been able to keep it running with artificial fuel.

It all started miss a few hard misses(like a dead cylinder) i pulled over and played with it it ran fine and responded to snap throttle beautifully, then just stalled and wouldn't start. I have good even compression 157psi. Runs the same with new rebuilt carb and old one (just sent back new one for over fueling). I have good fuel pressure most of the time( just replace fuel pump 2nd 1 in 2 months, for 0.5 lbs fuel pressure right after returning carb:mad:). 3rd clean fuel filter this year. Distributor tested good. However my coil secondary was .3 ohms high and my ignition module failed the initial power transistor test(not sure i was doing it right had no 0.00v reading), but the second test pull 10v as specified. i don't have the money to replace the module and something else at this point so I inquire for help.

Im testing my EGR tomorro

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
How long has this been going on? I had a friend with a bad ignition cylinder on an 87 that had similar issues.

bluzcruzer

sounds like a module.....there inconsistent with their symptoms.....start no start.....uneven readings....yep proly it.

Related Content You Might Like: