• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Need Help ~ First Time Toyota Buyer

Bloodshot

First time Toyota buyer. Looking at a Tacoma SR 4x4 access cab with the 2-7 motor. may b towing about 1200 lbs. Harley & trailer. Live in s/e Michigan and do travel west. Will this work ?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
1200 lbs is nothing for that truck to tow with. What will you be towing, small boat or utility trailer?

The only issue will be availability for your price point. These trucks, especially the 4WD trucks, really do hold their value and many owners will hold onto them as a work truck for years.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
What year range and how much of a budget are you looking at spending?

Also, you say that you will head west? How far, like all the way to the rockies?

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
As long as the bike is balanced well on the trailer you won't know it's back there.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Oh, I didn't see the Harley part to that ... yeah, that's nothing for a load for one of these trucks.

Bloodshot

Thanks guys I was just making sure that the 4 cyl. motor would do the job. The only 4x4 I ever owned was a jeep cj 5 and that was in the 80s.New times new adventures this sounds like a very good truck.

Related Content You Might Like: