• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Memorial Day - Plans?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
The company that I've been working for as a contractor put out a really nice email with this message attached, plus they're giving everyone half the day off, but I'm a contractor so that actually hurts me as I lose half a day's pay, but I'm not bitter. :)

memorial-day-2016.jpg

I just got done watching the Band of Brothers and also The Pacific, two mini-series that were on HBO and can be seen now on Amazon Prime Video (free with Amazon Prime) about what the soldiers, sailors and Marines in WWII had to do.

My grandfather was a Hellcat Naval Aviator in the Pacific and my great uncle was in the navy but he was assigned to be a medical corpsman and was attached to one of the invasion marine companies on Iwo Jima. He said he turned 19 on the island and grew up very quick.

226739_1038837220056_3198_n.jpg

My grandfather, Lieutenant JG Robert James Jones of Spokane, WA, landing his Hellcat in WWII. He talked about his wartime experiences when I was a kid, but he died just before he turned 66 from lung cancer.

1075778_10151726184139076_1990440139_n.jpg
993643_10151726187264076_1765233532_n.jpg

I took my boys to the National Naval Aviator Museum in Pensasola, Florida a couple of times in the last few years. Here they are hanging out around a couple of the Hellcat planes that their great-grandfather flew in the war.

Anyhow ... My plans for this year were to celebrate freedom in the great outdoors. So, as I mentioned in another post, I had plans to do a nice 3 day camping trip this memorial day, but we got washed out and that's no fun to go camping when it's 90 degrees and 75% humidity, the wife wouldn't have it so we're going to postpone that and do a bunch of stuff around the house.

upatree64

Our plans like I posted in another thread revolves around work in the great outdoors. Hoping to take the time to enjoy a small BBQ, since I eat alone these days, and maybe a couple of drinks w/Capt. Morgan. Remembering my older brother[Marine] who passed away about 10yrs ago and my Pop's [Marine] who passed away 2 yrs ago.. I was very blessed to have both of them close to me my whole life.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
We caught a break, supposed to be clear and mid 80's for memorial day weekend, plan on spending time with family and doing my share of grillin meat.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm still stuffed from eating yesterday. Wow, didn't think I was going to go all out like that again, but sure was good.

Related Content You Might Like: