• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Is anyone regretting lifting their Toyota truck?

johnSawyer

I havent had my truck to long and the first thing I did to it was get a lift. I am not regretting it a little bit because it doesnt seem to run as smooth and I get alot of feed back and vibration. I want a pretty smooth ride since my truck is not that old. I love the way it looks but I just cant get use to the ride and drive.

toyotachic

You may need to look at making sure the alignment is okay on your truck. You should not be getting that much vibration.

Srs2010

Mine was pretty rough until I got some UCs and also got it aligned. I def do not regret getting it done. Good luck finding out what the problem is. If you love it that much look for the problem before you undo the lift.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
When you lifted it did you check the driveshaft angle?
Whenever lifting a truck you should always check driveshaft angles and halfshaft angles, along with ensuring the driveshaft is properly realigned to the balance marks and making sure your new heavier tires and wheels are properly balanced these are the most common issues with lift associated vibrations.
When getting the tires balanced everyone wants the inside the wheel tape on weights, it might spoil your wheel looks a little but I recommend using clamp on weights inside and outside of the wheel.

toyotasrule

100 Posts
I thought about lifting my truck but now that I've heard of what consequences this process could bring. I'm not sure if I would like a more rough ride.

RobertJC

Did you go back and try any of the recomendations for fixing the issue yet? Id like to see you give us a update.

GregH

I haven't lifted my truck so nothing to regret. :) If I do so, from the experiences I see above I figure I best better get someone who I know for sure knows what he/she is doing.

eriks_tundra

I haven't lifted my truck so nothing to regret. :) If I do so, from the experiences I see above I figure I best better get someone who I know for sure knows what he/she is doing.
LOL. I haven't either and do not intend to. I don't blame you for wanting to be careful who does it for you though. Good luck to you and everyone else. :)

Related Content You Might Like: