• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

How's Your Summer Going?

Summer 2014 - How It Going For You?

• Normal Summer for me!

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • It's going way too fast!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • It's going way too slow!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Had a major life change this summer!

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • This is the best summer of my life so far!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Just checking in to see how everyone's summer has been going? It's hard to believe that it's just about 1/2 over! So far I've been out of town like 5 weeks since January, and we're going out another week soon as well. Just one of those crazy years I guess.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I've got the poll set to run for 8 weeks, which is just about when Summer ends! We're really looking forward to the second half of the summer, hopefully it will be slower paced than the first half of the summer!

It has been going well, and as usual, way too fast. Cant wait for August though: My sister & her husband rent a house on the beach in Malibu for a month.... I will be "visiting" quite a bit and enjoying surfing.... maybe even get to work on my tan.... HA

Jesse

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
It has been going well, and as usual, way too fast. Cant wait for August though: My sister & her husband rent a house on the beach in Malibu for a month.... I will be "visiting" quite a bit and enjoying surfing.... maybe even get to work on my tan.... HA

Jesse
Sounds like fun.

The girlfriend and I just completed and passed a Sailing I course this past weekend through UCLA, at their Marina Del Rey harbor facility.... It was so much fun. Now another toy on the want list..... Anyone else here sail?

Jesse

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I used to sail a lot, when I was stationed in Sicilly we had a 36' 1966 Morgan, I had to sell when I moved to Texas since there wasnt really any place close to dock it.
I have a 18' Hobie craft Im teaching my grandaughter to sail (she's 10) and a 24' AMF catamaran my wife and I sail once in a while.
I'd like to go back to a single rig cruiser some day but it wont happen unless I move closer to the ocean.

A cat would be awesome, just not sure if we are ready for that kind of speed yet. A cabin cruiser would be nice for weekends and short cruises up the coast... but we definately need some more practice/experience before we get to that point. I regret not learning when I was in college... they had the classes but I never thought about it.

Jesse

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I learned by sailing with friends that owned boats, first out of San Francisco on a 40' a friend inherited for a few years on weekends. Mostly trips to San Diego and back, then a long trip from Ca. to Virginia when he transfered.
While in Virginia myself I crewed for friends a couple time to and from the Bahamas and Pueto Rico.
When we moved to Sicilly I got my own boat and logged many trips around the Med with friends as crew.
After almost 30 years I still consider my self an amature sailor, would love to get the experience to feel confident skippering a blue water trip but something like that will probably never happen, I'll probably always be Gilligan.
The cat is fast, ours has a tiny cabin, enough room for a head, bunk, and food prep/plotting table. Strictly a day sailor. The Hobie is about the same equipt wise just a few feet shorter, more stable on the water, and much slower.

Awesome...... I cant wait to get more experience/time on the water.... maybe even buy a 20-30 footer for day / coastal cruising. Get to those good surf spots like The Ranch. Sail over power any day....

Jesse

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I used to sail a lot, when I was stationed in Sicilly we had a 36' 1966 Morgan, I had to sell when I moved to Texas since there wasnt really any place close to dock it.
I have a 18' Hobie craft Im teaching my grandaughter to sail (she's 10) and a 24' AMF catamaran my wife and I sail once in a while.
I'd like to go back to a single rig cruiser some day but it wont happen unless I move closer to the ocean.
That's too good of a boat for Joe Pool Lake, lol.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Took a ride on a 42 Eliminator cigarette with triple blown 454's last Sunday out on Joe Pool.
Way to much boat for Joe Pool, couldnt get passed 2700rpms before throttling back for the bend. Went from one end of the lake to the other and back in 22 mins.
I was at the restruant Sunday morning eating b-fast when we saw a guy trying to launch and having way to much trouble.
The wife suggested I offer to help before he damaged his boat or truck so I offered.
Turned out to be a real nice guy that had just bought his first boat, 42 Eliminator, yep to much for a starter boat. I helped him get it in the water then he asked if I could take a ride and show him how to run it.
He had no boating experience and the dealer that sold him the boat Sunday night didnt have time to give him an inservice. That after he paid $148,000 for the boat. I ran him around the lake for a couple hours and he bought the wife and I lunch and a few rounds at the bar. Since he was trying to pull the boat with Chevy Colorado c/c I sold him a F/S dually extended cab 3500 GMC Ive been trying to sell and made plans this coming wknd to help dial in the trailering set-up and show him more about boat handling.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
To tell the truth I was just glad to help out, didnt expect anything more from it.

This has been one great summer.... So Cal has been blessed with GREAT surf for the past month.... and right now we are getting 6-12 foot waves :)

Jesse

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I saw that on the news, looks like the surfers are getting a gift.

Related Content You Might Like: