• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

How many years didn't have any recall for the Tacoma?

bebtunes

100 Posts
What years were good ones and what ones were bad ones? what is the percentage so far of good to bad, this goes for all things, big and small.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I think the US National Highway Transportation Safety Board (NHTSB) has a list of all of the recalls. I'll see if I can find the list.

bebtunes

100 Posts
alright, i will check it out and then see if its reasonable compared to the other vehicles that toyota makes

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
If your looking at Tacoma's specifically they've only had 1 recall since 1996, thats for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen bodystyles.
About 2-3 years ago there was a recall for 1st and 2nd gen body styles due to corrosion, some trucks were suffering from corrosion perforated frame rails that made them a possible failure hazard.
Toyota offered to buy back trucks that were suffering from this problem.
The affected truck had to have perferations due to corrosion in the frame rails, Toyota offered to buy them back for fair market value at around $7000, keep in mind the oldest of these trucks in this recall were 13 yrs old and the newest were 5 yrs old.
When looking at Tacoma's there are no bad years, all trucks 98 and up are prefered because these trucks were available with the TRD package, 96/97 standard cab trucks with the 3.4ltr engine option are also prefered and hard to find.

SurferBoy

I had no idea about any recalls on the Toyota Tacoma - so there isn't one on the 2007 models then right? I checked the link that toyotafan posted and didn't see one.

GearHead

100 Posts
The fact that there are few recalls on the Tacoma are just more proof that it is the best pickup in it's class.

Related Content You Might Like: