• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Home Media Room / Home Theater Setup - What Do You Have?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
My home media setup takes up about 2/3 of a great room, but we have near zero-light blinds on the windows so we can get nice picture quality and great sound.

SCREEN
Right now we've got a 50" Samsung LED screen. These are getting very cheap now an pretty soon you'll be able to get a 50" 4K LED screen for less than $500. Next house we're going projector in a dedicated media room.

SOUND
Sound is provided by a very compact and hacked Logitech surround sound system that was designed for a PC, but I've hooked it into the digital audio out. It's a 6-speaker system with Center, Front Left & RIght, Rear Left & Right and an 8" subwoofer.

You're going to read "Logitech" and think something cheap, but at the time I got these they were the most expensive system they've got on the market, only to get replaced by Logitech Z-906 Speaker System - 5.1 Channel - 500W RMS.

SEATING
Seating is a hugely oversized roomstore 9-piece sectional which takes up most of the space in the room. Honestly it's too big, but the kids have had friends over to watch movies or play games and we've been able to get up to about 14 or 15 people in here before.

That's it! Let me share some pics of the Home Theater Furniture that I looked at the other day in the American Leather showroom in Dallas.

DSC_0049.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0020.JPG
DSC_0026.JPG
DSC_0010.JPG
DSC_0033.JPG

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Nice looking stuff! We have thought about building a dedicated home theater in our house but have never gotten around to do it. I guess we could probably build something really nice for 10 to $15,000. And probably world class for $50,000. And get the money back when we sold the house.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Steve have you ever looked at the Home theater seating available at The Dump?
We recently bought a new 5 position leather couch with electric drive recliners and USB connections for all 5 positions, and a matching club chair with recliner and USB for under $1800 with a 5 yr warranty.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I've been to the Dump, thought they have a lot of good stuff, but a lot of it was mix-and-match pieces so I thought it would have taken a while to piece together a full set.

Related Content You Might Like: