• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Hello From Maryland

samm57

Hello all. I am a long-time Toyota fan, but recently got the bug for an historic Toyota truck. I just made a deal for a 1986 SR5 4WD, and am waiting for it to be shipped from CA to MD.

Looks like a cool forum and I am sure I will learn a lot from you veterans.

BlisterInTheSun

POST pics please! Welcome to the forum! I'm a new member also and I've gotten a lot of help already:) if you got any questions don't be afraid to ask!!! I'll help as much as I can an I'm sure everyone can say the same:)

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Man you did get the bug, your having that truck shipped all the way across the US.
Congrats on your new truck and welcome aboard.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Not to tell ya your buisness but one of the first things you might think about doing when you get your hands on that truck is a deep cleaning and prep of the underbody, chassis, and running gear, then spray it with a real good rust preventative.
I've lived on the left coast and the right coast and I can tell you these 80's model trucks suffer corrosion issues real quick in the weather conditions you have in MD. I left my prized 85 4x4 in outside storage while stationed in Sicily (worried it might corrode away to fast in Italy) came back 2 years later in 2001 to find a totally destroyed truck, it rotted away even though it was under a carport.

samm57

Haven't taken any pictures yet. Yes, all stock, with the exception of the rear bumper, and missing the deck lamp. Just under 118K miles. Some of the paint, including that on the roof, is very faded from the California sun. But the good news--very little rust. Mainly surface rust in a few spots underneath. It runs and rides great. Very happy with it.

Last edited:

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
Welcome to ttc!

Here's my generic welcome message. Where are you from and what are you driving? Post pics too in the gallery! Ask specific questions in a forum related to your vehicle.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Not to tell ya your buisness but one of the first things you might think about doing when you get your hands on that truck is a deep cleaning and prep of the underbody, chassis, and running gear, then spray it with a real good rust preventative.
I've lived on the left coast and the right coast and I can tell you these 80's model trucks suffer corrosion issues real quick in the weather conditions you have in MD. I left my prized 85 4x4 in outside storage while stationed in Sicily (worried it might corrode away to fast in Italy) came back 2 years later in 2001 to find a totally destroyed truck, it rotted away even though it was under a carport.
Wow, that sucks really bad. Was it just too humid, maybe salty air? What year were you stationed there?

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Your truck looks really good for the age, has it been repainted? The glossy clearcoat looks very strong, maybe it's just been treated well.

I added a link to your album so people can click straight there when they look at this thread.

[album="large"]166[/album]

Related Content You Might Like: