• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Goodyear Wrangler SRA Tires

Trevor41

Has anyone else had issues with these tires? Purchase new four of these tires which has less than 30,000km and has serious side wall cracks. I believe that if not discovered, I would of had blowouts. Suggest that anyone with Goodyear Wrangler SRA tires to chech their tires.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
How old are the tires?
Did you use any chemicals on them to clean or shine?
Ive used these tires before without suffering the same problems.

Trevor41

Tires are six years old but only on vehicle half of the year. I have two sets of tires and rims. Right now I have my winter tires still on. Put 10,000km a year on my truck so that is about 5,000km a year per set of tires. Noticed side wall cracking when I went to put my summer tires on. Cracks go right around rim and there is cracking from rim that is half way to thread. The Cooper Winter tires that are on vehicle now and are six months older than my summer tires, are perfect.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Take a pic if you can to show the cracking. I've been told by tire guys before they superficial cracks don't really cause issues.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Have pictures taken. Just have to figure out how to post them. Tires were inspected at Goodyear dealership and condemned.
You can add them inside the post itself by clicking the "upload a file" button, which will allow you to add a photo.

You can also upload pics to your own gallery, just click the gallery link above and if it's not something toy can quickly do then we can help you.

However, if you have been told by tire professionals that they are not suitable for the road then by all means don't use them.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I had to look close at those again, because until I zoomed in more closely on those photos, they looked fine to me.

However I can see where they have cracked near where the tire connects to the rim and that's probably the sticking point for whether or not the tire is still a good usable serviceable tire.

The tires that I have had on my vehicles that I've been told were superficial, were always in the middle of the sidewall. However one of your tires looks as if chunk of rubber is actually move positions.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
hey, just for kicks can you go and look at the wear bar in between the treads to see how much tread is left on those tires.

Without really getting a photo of the tread, it looks like they're still 50 percent tread left maybe 40 but, those cracks are really fairly unusual.

Plus they're not uniform like the tire got rubbed up against something.

Trevor41

All four of the tires are the same. Three photos shown are three different tires. I did not take a photo of thread yet. Was checked out by Goodyear who said that 50% of thread was gone but I think it's less than that. Only two tires were measured for thread depth and the two worst were picked out for that. Pictures do not due justice, if you seen the tires yourself you would see there was no rubbing. The photo with the two cracks close together were cracks formed while tire were stored in my garage for the winter. Noticed the cracking when I went to take my winter tires off and put these tires on. I have two sets of tires and rims, a set for the summer and a set for winter.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm curious now. Have you tried to put any weight on them?

Also were these complete take offs or were the tires pulled off the rims every tire change?

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
What's the sr-a stand for on the tires? I think most of us at one point or another have had some type of Goodyear in this price range.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I looked them up. ..

Wrangler SR-A®
The perfect tire for highway driving with enhanced traction, optimized tread wear & handling on wet roads - complimented by a quiet ride. Trusted for original equipment on leading pick up trucks.
OVERVIEWSPECSSTORES
  • STARTING AT
    $118
    MSRP*
    Tire prices vary by specifications. Check if the tire fits for more details.
  • All-Weather
  • All-Terrain
$40 mail-in rebate when you purchase a set of 4 of this tire†

Rebate details
Mail-in rebate for a Goodyear Visa® Prepaid Card offer valid on purchases made between 3/1/14-5/31/14.†

Regularly in store or available within 48 hours. Call store to check stock.

Features & warranties
  • Zigzag microgrooves offer enhanced traction in rain, snow and ice
  • Wide circumferential grooves help move water away from the tread for enhanced traction in rain
  • Exclusive wet traction compound helps provide traction on wet roads
  • Eligible for a 50,000 mi./80,000 km Tread Life Limited Warranty (Excludes LT sizes).
  • Eligible for the Highway Auto and Light Truck Tire Replacement Limited Warranty Full Warranty Detail

Trevor41

I have a second set of four rims so I do not use the same rims for both sets of tires. I still have my winter tires on my truck right now. I would not trust to put any weight on those Goodyear Wrangler SRA tires in the condition they are in for fear of blowouts.

Related Content You Might Like: