• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Eek! Subaru "infotainment" Vs Entune

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
OK, as much as I gripe about Entune, I have a slightly better appreciation of it this morning...

The man and I swapped cars this morning, so he could take my 2014 4Runner Trail in for a routine checkup. I left for work in the 2014 Subaru Forester XT.

Ermagerd... Bluetooth settings from hell! Apparently, Subaru doesn't believe a family would possibly carry more than one smart phone into its cars ever! I confirmed that the onboard system is only designed to keep pairing settings for ONE PHONE! To connect my phone, I would have to overwrite my fiancé's, which I'm pretty sure he wouldn't appreciate.

At least it's not "One phone to rule them all..." in the Toyota universe. We have multiple phones paired in my truck.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I could see where that could be a pain. Give one to the Entune side!

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I could see where that could be a pain. It don't happen much but I will give one to the Entune side!

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
yeah, that doesn't make much sense to limit to just one phone or even one device. I have a phone, tablet and laptop that I could connect at any time to get something different out of it. Granted, only the phone has data, but that's beside the point.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Some have gone too far the other way too, I drove a lexus gs350 a while ago and their infotainment center is just crazy with a center mouse/wheel that just got too complex unless you're out on the open road.

Related Content You Might Like: