• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Do you know the difference between a Toyota Tacoma sr5 and prerunner?

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I have seen a few very different looking tacomas, and there is one I like but don't know what exactly it is. Pretty much any information about these trucks would be appreciate.

What is the difference between a tacoma sr5 and a prerunner?

02supertaco

as far as i know, the model selections are usually what the truck came equipped with. So one might have crank windows, manual trans and no sunroof and the other will be another combination of the those accessories. Usually the SR5's are a package up from the prerunners. usually its power everything and a nicer audio system. or my truck for instance is a TRD SR5. its the TRD offroad package with power everything, sun roof and a factory rear diff lock.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
What model year trucks are you talking about?
If its first generation Tacomas and below the SR5 package was an option package that was normally loaded with power windows, power lock, cruise, tilt, cloth or sometimes leather seats, carpeted floor mats, some vehicles got accent stripes, and sometimes the package included an automatic transmission.
SR5 was availabe on certain car models too.
The later model SR5 packages are more dress up since almost every vehicle manufactured has those conveniences standard.
Pre Runner trucks were first manufactured during the first gen Tacomas.
Pre Runners were built with the suspension of a fourwheel drive minus the transfer case, front d/s, front differential, and front half shafts. The front spindles were specific to Pre Runner trucks also.
A Pre Runner truck can be coverted in a long weekend by adding the afor mentioned items, their all bolt on.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Great you guy have good information, thanks for your reply I will try to research and investigate further on this.

Related Content You Might Like: