• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Coffee, Tea, Or Soda? What Drink Gets You Going?

Crazy8

I used to drink energy drinks daily but my teeth started to get damaged from it. I don't drink any of it. I will have a glass of juice or water.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I started getting eye problems and we tied them back directly to drinking too many enegry drinks. I'm on about 70% water consumption per day and the rest is either coffee or iced tea.

Crazy8

I started getting eye problems and we tied them back directly to drinking too many enegry drinks. I'm on about 70% water consumption per day and the rest is either coffee or iced tea.
Yeah I heard that they actually are worse than drinking alcohol on a daily basis for your liver. I stay away now. I think they gave me acid reflux too.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I drink a lot of water during the day.
Normally I carry my hydra pack and fill it up at bottled water coolers at most of my accounts.
I just wish bottled water wasnt the most expensive drink at most stores.
Heck Ive paid more for bottled water a few times than a good 15yr single malt scotch.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm on a Lyme Disease treatment plan called the Cowden Support Protocol, and they say when doing that treatment plan that you really need to increase water intake, so i've been trying to drink about 3 quarts of water per day if i'm inside, and 3 quarts + whaterver else I need to stay hydrated if i'm outside.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Coffee in the morning to start my day. Tea, lots of water, and the occasional soda gets me through the rest of my day.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I had a rough day so I'm working on a huge 44oz QuikTrip Coke Zero. I didn't sleep for anything last night and it's been a rough day.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
8 cups of coffee,,cold pressed in summers. No sugar, no cream. I also drink half a litre of Kumbocha tea everyday flavoured with honey and raspberries...Never any processed bottled drinks.,,just read the ingredients and see if any of those items are on your spice rack..

Last edited:

awonderingdawn

TTC Chicks
Oh coffee, definitely. Every day on my boyfriend and I's drives to work we both stop at a local coffee shop and pick up our 'regular drink'. Mine is a butterscotch frappe with a hazelnut splash. So yummy! He's more of an expresso guy himself.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Locally a coffee chain was ordered to post the calories on those delicious frappes...a large was 820,,,just FYI.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, that's one thing that congress passed in the last few years that I agree with and am happy to see, it's a federal law for all restaurants with more than x employees to have calorie information at the ready. I'm not losing any weight myself but I'm at least a more educated consumer. :)

Today's been a ROUGH day, for some reason I've gotten my days and nights mixed up so I'm only sleeping like 2 hours and then I wake up and am wide awake at night. Then I lay down and maybe get another 2 to 4 hours and that's all I've been getting.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
8 cups of coffee,,cold pressed. No sugar, no cream. I also drink half a litre of Kumbocha tea everyday flavoured with honey and raspberries...Never any processed bottled drinks.,,just read the ingredients and see if any of those items are on your spice rack..
What is cold pressed?

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Cold pressed,,,just put coffee grounds into a French press with cold water,,let it sit at room temperature for 12 to 24 hours and drink it...You don't really need a French press,, a mason jar will do and then just strain coffee through. The coffee is less acidic than hot brewed and keeps for a week in the fridge without going skanky like hot coffee does after 8 hours. Its excellent for those funky coffees where you add some whip cream and syrup/flavouring. The only drawback is not as much caffeine so you can always pour another...I use 1/2 fine grind to 4 cups water,,your taste may vary

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Cold pressed,,,just put coffee grounds into a French press with cold water,,let it sit at room temperature for 12 to 24 hours and drink it...You don't really need a French press,, a mason jar will do and then just strain coffee through. The coffee is less acidic than hot brewed and keeps for a week in the fridge without going swanky like hot coffee does after 8 hours. Its excellent for those funky coffees where you add some whip cream and syrup/flavouring. The only drawback is not as much caffeine so you can always pour another...I use 1/2 fine grind to 4 cups water,,your taste may vary
Wow, you learn something new everyday huh? Lol. I'll have to try that.

toyotasrule

100 Posts
Lately I've been buying cold coffee drinks that are already canned/bottled. This week it's been the small Starbucks frappuccino drinks.

DaniMolo

TTC Chicks
It really depends on what time is it. In the morning I really love coffee, I drink usually 2 or 3 cups per day, and in the evening I love earl grey with milk, or simple green tea. Definitely say no for soda, I'm drinking just pure water, as it's more healthier.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
When the days are getting longer like they have been and we're still about 6 weeks away from the darkest part of winter ... I need extra caffeine to get me going in the morning and keep me awake. It's 3:30 right now and I'm going to need to get a caffeine jolt as I'm starting to drag.

Daylight savings time as well kicked in this week ... now it's going to be dark in 2 hours. :-(

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Now that it's getting hot again in north Texas in back to iced coffee, which had never been my favorite but what the heck?

Problem I have is they charge full price but they fill it so full of ice that it's a rip off. Really should be half price a cup of coffee.

Related Content You Might Like: